Customize YM/YW forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
brofisher

Customize YM/YW forms

Post by brofisher »

I am trying to print a list of all the youth YM/YW in the stake with their wards, birth dates etc. that part i can do. I would also like to add to that list 11 year old birth dates as well so we know who and when they are advancing into the youth programs. This i cant figure out. is there a way to customize these reports?

Thank you all

Mike
davesudweeks

Re: Customize YM/YW forms

Post by davesudweeks »

I started to reply with some suggestions, but decided it might be better to try some things. I am just recently back in the Clerk saddle after a 3-year stint as HPGL. I will be at the church this evening and had some custom reports in MLS from my previous time as Clerk. I will try out those Custom reports and if they are still functional will attach the MLS report structure here so you can import it into your MLS if you choose.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you have to do it by age. You might be able to refine it a bit by using "Birth Month". (Someone who turns 18 in January is more likely to be in YM than someone who is 18 and born in July of the prior year.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I think you have to do it by age. You might be able to refine it a bit by using "Birth Month". (Someone who turns 18 in January is more likely to be in YM than someone who is 18 and born in July of the prior year.)
In MLS custom reports you have many more options than just age. You can refine age by using "As of" dates; you can also check marriage status and priesthood (someone who is an Elder or is married is not in YM, regardless of age); you can check class membership and any other attributes that you might consider relevant.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

These two work, but include some extra members. You can import the attachments into your MLS and edit them if you choose. They will include youth who:
- are 11 this year
- are 10 this year and turn 11 this year
- are 10 this year and turn 11 NEXT year

You can change the filter in MLS to look for any age. I have found that if I use the "as of" or "before" date functions, I have to edit the report every year. I find it easier to just edit the output whenever I run the report (sort by birth date and then delete/ignore those who are too young).
Attachments
Boys age 10-11.mls
(498 Bytes) Downloaded 141 times
Girls age 10-11.mls
(499 Bytes) Downloaded 214 times

Return to “Reports and Forms”