Unable to save events/restrictions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sclavell

Unable to save events/restrictions

Post by sclavell »

I've been scheduling events/restrictions on the calendar for a few years. Last night I started getting an error when trying to save a new event "We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again." I've tried both events and restrictions, and checked all of the fields several times. It doesn't seem to matter what date/time is selected, which building, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to save events/restrictions

Post by russellhltn »

From this post, a new version of the calendar was pushed out on Oct 22. However, it has a known bug: "However, we detected a problem with setup/takedown times. When you create a new event, those fields should be 'none' by default, but they are blank causing an error message if the user doesn't set it to 'none.'"

Other posts suggests it might be dependent on the browser you're using.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

I am unable to save a restriction. With a restriction, there are no setup or cleanup fields. If I post it as an event and show "none" in the setup/cleanup fields, then I can save it. But I can't go back in and change it from an event to a restriction.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've tried both IE 11 and Chrome. I'm able to create a restriction in both. What browser and restriction settings are you using?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

I just now went in again. I am able to create a restriction, either designated to a ward or as a blocked location unavailable. It was not allowing me to do that earlier even though I indicated "none" for setup and cleanup times. When I go in now, it automatically defaults to "none" for clean up and set up. I am using Chrome.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pamvan wrote:I just now went in again. I am able to create a restriction, either designated to a ward or as a blocked location unavailable. It was not allowing me to do that earlier even though I indicated "none" for setup and cleanup times. When I go in now, it automatically defaults to "none" for clean up and set up. I am using Chrome.
I'm confused. Setup/cleanup is only for events. Those fields are not there for restrictions.

pamvan

Post by pamvan »

I'm sorry for the confusion. Initially, I couldn't create a restriction ("unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again."). I can create a RESTRICTION now. I can also create an EVENT for a different date - I was just letting you know that the setup/cleanup fields in the event are now automatically populating with "none" where before they were blank. Thanks for the help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ok. Interesting, I wonder what changed.

wileybunch

Post by wileybunch »

Thank you, that's why I was having the problem, too (set up and take down time had no selection).
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The setup/cleanup problem was fixed yesterday (Oct 28)

Return to “Calendar”