Calendar Is Double Booking Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rootbeericecream

Re: Calendar Is Double Booking Events

Post by rootbeericecream »

Our scheduler reported that he scheduled the "rose jpg" event on August 11. The YW event was scheduled several months ago.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just tried that now, I can't duplicate it. I assume the conflicting room is a "custom" room. Is the building a "regular" one or was it added? (Does the "Remove" button appear when you go to edit the location?)

Were there any edits along the way - perhaps a change that turned a non-conflict into a conflict (such as a change in starting date. Or a change in locations?)

While I don't see how it could do it, any chance the first event was saved during PST as it appears the second event was saved in PDT?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

The conflict room is a 'custom' room. It is a regular building. Possible that there were edits along the way. The old one was a recurring appointment ( 3 wks/month) potential exception edits along the way, but unsure of that). for this there wouldn't have been a change in locations - but possibly the most recent added one was added without locations, and then location added later.
Yes, based upon the recurrance, the older recurring event was scheduled prior to PST/PDT change last spring.

I agree, this is a puzzle.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We've struggled to duplicate this one. If anyone has some good steps, that would be helpful.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

Can you please explain how restrictions are different? I have a restriction for the entire building classified as "blocked - location unavailable - entire facility" and NOT assigned to a ward. But yet the ward was able to book the Cultural Hall for the same time period. I can understand the ward booking the space if I had classified it to the ward, but I have it as blocked. Please explain.
(I tried to include a screenshot but I'm not able to paste.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pamvan wrote:Can you please explain how restrictions are different?
You can lay a "blocked" restriction overtop of an existing event. So using "blocked" to insure exclusive use is not a good idea.

But as a building scheduler, you also have the ability to schedule an "event" on the building calendar. That will behave just like an event and not allow co-existence with another event. In that same situation, you would receive a warning and would not be able to schedule your "block" event. The only difference is that the event will not sync externally like a ward or stake event could.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brendenjensen

Post by brendenjensen »

I don't know. Have you tried contacting LDS.org about it? They could help you. But, I've never heard of this before.

Return to “Calendar”