Can't see my scriptures markings on desktop scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ccboxslinger

Can't see my scriptures markings on desktop scriptures

Post by ccboxslinger »

My mobile scriptures app has a nighttime setting, so the underlines and highlights are easy to see. On my computer, the white background makes it impossible to see the markings. Is there away to adjust the display so that they are more visible?
lmcguire

Re: Can't see my scriptures markings on desktop scriptures

Post by lmcguire »

ccboxslinger,

In the browser, you'll have to use either the operating system settings, or the browser settings (if any) to change the colors. For example, in Firefox, you can go to Tools > Settings; Content, Colors... and you can choose the colors to use and whether to override the system colors. In Windows, you can change the same things in Advanced Appearance Settings, but it will impact all apps, not just the browser. (Of course, the browser settings will impact all websites, not just LDS.org. The only way to avoid that is some sort of plug-in that will override settings for a specific website. For example, in Firefox, I use Stylish to customize some frequently-used website. But if you don't know CSS, that might be more frustrating than it's worth.)

These sorts of settings don't always work as well or look as nice as you might hope, but you could give it a try.

If you need specific help, please reply with the operating system you're using (with version number), and the browser (again, with version) you're using.

FWIW,

Liz
ccboxslinger

Post by ccboxslinger »

Thanks, Liz. I really appreciate your response. I'll give it a try.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you have a Mac you can invert the entire screen in "System Preferences > Accessibility > Invert colors." It's not ideal if you want correct colors, but it makes the text white and the background black which is basically what night mode does.

On iOS devices, there's a similar setting. I have my iPhone set up so I can triple-click the home button to invert the colors, which is faster for me than switching Gospel Library to night mode.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”