Temple Recommend Status Incorrect in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
llohan

Temple Recommend Status Incorrect in LDS Tools

Post by llohan »

Hello,
A short while ago when I looked at my own profile on the LDS Tools app, it told me that my temple recommend status was Expired. I quickly got onto my stake to arrange a new recommend interview, and after the entire process discovered that my recommend still had a year on it, and then despite having a brand new recommend, the status of my recommend still shows as Expired.
Obviously it's not syncing with church records, because my recommend is surely active. Wondered if anyone had any insider knowledge so that I can explain the status to my bishop and others so that I don't feel unworthy.
Thank you,
Liam
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Recommend Status Incorrect in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Let's take care of the easy one first - have you synced your LDS Tools app recently?

It's possible your recommend was never activated by the stake. The other possibility is that it was activated for the wrong person. I'd check with the stake clerk or stake executive secretary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The other thing you can do is have your ward clerk check on LCR to see if it is showing correctly.
rickk

Post by rickk »

I just got on today searching for this topic since we have a Sister in one of our wards with the same problem. Both her and her husband's recommends are properly activated and showing as active on the LCR and TES systems. On my LDS tools (iOS, Asst Stake Clerk) it shows that it is active and has the correct expiration date. However, on her own Android device they are showing as Expired. Is LDS tools supposed to show a member's recommend status even if they are not in a leadership position which normally downloads recommend data? If so, there must be something that breaks the connection and a simple sync doesn't seem to recover things.

Rick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:On my LDS tools (iOS, Asst Stake Clerk) it shows that it is active and has the correct expiration date. However, on her own Android device they are showing as Expired.
So now the question is if this is a iOS vs. Android bug, or is it a Leader vs. Member bug. A little "hallway recruiting" should answer that question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scottwilliams82

Post by scottwilliams82 »

We now have had three members with this issue within our unit. Both iOS and Android devices are not showing the correct status. Any progress, recommendation, or fixes on the way?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

While the forum is a good for seeing if others have the same problems or workarounds, the best way to send feedback on a bug and make sure developers see it is through the in-app feedback. If you haven't reported it there yet, I'd recommend it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rickk

Post by rickk »

I did a bit of asking around and I had a person with iOS and another with Android and there was no info at all about temple recommends for either of them. Not even a line for it. Is is possible there is a class of callings that are showing the line for temple recommend but not getting the real data? The sister who was having the problem in our stake is a ward RS President.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

To help figure w/ out who can vs can't see temple recommend info- I cannot see my temple recommend info at all. Only my membership number. I'm a ward website admin and RS teacher.
I have the iOS version 2.4.3

The release note for version 2.4.0 dated 3/26/15, only authorized leaders will have access to that info, not the general member.

Looking at the release notes, it looks like personal membership info will be available around 11/9/15.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/lds-to ... ng=eng#ios
rickk

Post by rickk »

Just checked on my wife's iPhone 6, and it is missing the TR line too. I made sure the app was up to date and synced. Her callings are Stake YW camp director and primary teacher. I would be interested to hear what the callings are for some of the others seeing the issue.

Rick

Return to “Member Tools”