New YM President Cannot Access YM Reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mmcgruder14

New YM President Cannot Access YM Reports

Post by mmcgruder14 »

We recently had a new YM president called and he cannot access the YM reports (birthday lists, etc.). Our previous YM president was able to access these reports. We removed the previous YM president and added the new. Is there something else that we are missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New YM President Cannot Access YM Reports

Post by russellhltn »

You may need to wait a day or two for the permissions to all sync up. Also make sure he's trying to access it the right way. He might be looking in the wrong place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmcgruder14

Post by mmcgruder14 »

I thought it might take some time for the permissions to sync up, but figured that might take 2 weeks (3 at most). It has now been one full month since the change. I have not verified exactly where he is looking, but the previous YM President was the one that was trying to show him how to access the reports.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mmcgruder14 wrote:I thought it might take some time for the permissions to sync up, but figured that might take 2 weeks (3 at most). It has now been one full month since the change. I have not verified exactly where he is looking, but the previous YM President was the one that was trying to show him how to access the reports.
Something else is wrong. Normally, it only take a few days at most.

Since he has been released, the previous YM president will not be able to show the new YM president much of anything. If the previous president is still seeing things, he may have another calling that has allowed him to see things that he would not normally see as YMP, and the new YMP may be expecting to see things to which a YM president does not normally have access.

Make sure the new YM president is entered in LCR in a standard position. The clerk can check this at CDOL, or the YM president can check under Organizations in LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”