Granting Missionaries Access to Calendar View / Edit Meal Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Captain.Moroni

Granting Missionaries Access to Calendar View / Edit Meal Calendar

Post by Captain.Moroni »

I've been thinking about perhaps creating a meal calendar for our Missionaries so that ward members can see when they have an opening for a meal appointment.
(*I have yet to speak with our ward council about this) though hopefully something like this is permissible.

If it is permissible is there a way to add permissions for the missionaries in our ward so they can have view/edit permissions?

Thanks for any help in this matter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Granting Missionaries Access to Calendar View / Edit Meal Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as there's a easy way to do that. In that case, you might want to have the Ward Mission Leader handle that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Captain.Moroni

Post by Captain.Moroni »

I'm currently the Ward Mission Leader, hoping to find a way. What's the hard way? & Any other ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Captain.Moroni wrote:What's the hard way?
Create out of unit member records for each missionary and either add them by name as calendar editors or give each missionary a standard calling and add them as calendar editors by calling. Just maintaining the out of unit member records would require a lot of work.

I am assuming you would have the missionaries maintain the calendar and have the members contact them for any input to the calendar. Otherwise each member of the ward would have to be a calendar editor. Maintaining that list of editors would be overwhelming in time and effort.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Create out of unit member records for each missionary and either add them by name as calendar editors or give each missionary a standard calling and add them as calendar editors by calling. Just maintaining the out of unit member records would require a lot of work.
Which would fall on the ward clerk and/or ward membership clerk. There's no way as a WML you'd have that ability.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

how do you edit it? i tried to cancel a dinner, but don't see where to do it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forresthickman wrote:how do you edit it? i tried to cancel a dinner, but don't see where to do it.
If you have the rights to create an event, you should have the rights to edit/delete it. Try clicking on the event itself and see what pops up.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I was ward mission leader in my previous ward, I created a missionary meals calendar using the calendar on lds.org. I made everyone on the ward council editors of the calendar, but I could never get any of them to actually use it. I just printed the calendar every week and passed it around on Sunday. Then I transferred the written calendar to the online meals calendar every Sunday afternoon.
When members asked about missionary meals on the ward Facebook page, I pointed them to the calendar on lds.org, but for some reason using lds.org was too foreign to members, since they had to login each time. Most members didn't even know they could see the calendar on LDS Tools. It's all just too confusing for many people.
Maybe after 40 years roaming in the wilderness, members will be willing to use lds.org
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Calendar”