Test stream for VidiU?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
aclawson

Test stream for VidiU?

Post by aclawson »

Is there a perpetual test stream somewhere that would allow ward leaders to practice receiving a stream according to their own schedule or do all tests have to be scheduled and run from the stake center?
harddrive

Re: Test stream for VidiU?

Post by harddrive »

I know of a receive only test from the system. I have tried that and on the computer we tested it was ok, but I could see the quality of the picture degrade at times, but the audio was fine. But I believe to do it from the stake center, you would have to schedule a full test or something like that.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

The receive only test would work for the purposes of giving people a chance to get their first look at the system. Where is the link to the test stream?
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I will have to look at it when I can get into the portal. The test stream came from receive only. I don't have the VidiU unit, so I can't do any other testing right now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aclawson wrote:Is there a perpetual test stream somewhere that would allow ward leaders to practice receiving a stream according to their own schedule or do all tests have to be scheduled and run from the stake center?
The receive only test has to be scheduled, but it can be done on short notice.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

When you schedule a test, there are 4 options, full, encoding, connectivity and receiving. This page describes each one in detail.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/test-w ... t?lang=eng

I hope that you get it figured out.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I got the test profile set up - when I tried to test the "public" URL with access code however I got the message that the event had not yet started, even though it was in full swing. Does this mean that it is not possible to test the receive at a shut-in's house prior to the actual event and just hope that everything will work smoothly?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The access code method doesn't work with the test streams. I was worried but it does work with regular streams. You have to use the specific site URL.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”