Paying Tithing via salary withholding

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
PaulReese

Paying Tithing via salary withholding

Post by PaulReese »

Can one pay tithing via salary withholdings? And if so, how does the church receive such a donation, and how is credited to the individual for tithing settlement, and subsequently the IRS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Paying Tithing via salary withholding

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not aware of any such thing for the US. There is/was bill pay, but with the on-line donation system firing up , I'm not sure what the future of that is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

PaulReese wrote:Can one pay tithing via salary withholdings?
I believe that would be up to the company paying the salary. I have never heard of such an arrangement. The Church is not going to garnish a member's wages for tithing.
russellhltn wrote:There is/was bill pay, but with the on-line donation system firing up , I'm not sure what the future of that is.
It is alive and well. Some members still prefer it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:There is/was bill pay, but with the on-line donation system firing up , I'm not sure what the future of that is.
It is alive and well. Some members still prefer it.
Alive - for now. Let's see what a year brings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Alive - for now. Let's see what a year brings.
I hope they keep it. There are places in the world where it is not safe to log into LDS.org but you can log into your bank and still pay your tithing.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”