Online Store ideas and suggestions.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Online Store ideas and suggestions.

Post by jimbaird »

Clerks,

We are working on the 1-5 year strategy document for the Online Store. Please give us your feedback about how the Online store could improve to simplify your calling when ordering materials from the Online Store. Please post your suggestions for us to review.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Store ideas and suggestions.

Post by russellhltn »

I'd think one of the big ones would be to make it easy to pay with the right category of budget. Right now, I believe they come in as a general budget item and have to be re-categorized. If that can't be done, then enough information on the IROP to assist in the re-categorizing.

Some kind of process so that policy is followed about documented approval by the bishop of the expenses before they are incurred would be nice. Right now, I think it's possible for quorum and auxiliary leaders to bypass the bishop.

I'm not sure how you'd solve this, but there's been some complaints that leaders ordering something when there are several of them in the closet of the clerk's office.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:...leaders ordering something when there are several of them in the closet of the clerk's office.
As a corollary, it would be nice if there was an easy way online to return items that were somehow ordered in error. I'm sure the bishop would like the money back, but even if that doesn't occur, it would save printing/production costs for additional items that other units might be able to use.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There's currently a problem in identifying who made an order. Linking a member's log on to the order with the member's name appearing on the IROP would be helpful.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As far as the store layout, I'm wonder if rather than "Unit Materials" it might be better to have it as "item related to my calling". Just a thought.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It'd be nice to see package tracking numbers when logged in and looking at orders you've placed, instead of relying on email messages that can easily get lost. This is especially useful if you are tracking a few different shipments.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

russellhltn wrote:I'd think one of the big ones would be to make it easy to pay with the right category of budget. Right now, I believe they come in as a general budget item and have to be re-categorized. If that can't be done, then enough information on the IROP to assist in the re-categorizing.

Some kind of process so that policy is followed about documented approval by the bishop of the expenses before they are incurred would be nice. Right now, I think it's possible for quorum and auxiliary leaders to bypass the bishop.

I'm not sure how you'd solve this, but there's been some complaints that leaders ordering something when there are several of them in the closet of the clerk's office.
Russell,
thanks for your comments. A few questions When you say enough information on the IROP to assist in the re-categorizing, what additional information are you looking for?
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

mfmohlma wrote:As a corollary, it would be nice if there was an easy way online to return items that were somehow ordered in error. I'm sure the bishop would like the money back, but even if that doesn't occur, it would save printing/production costs for additional items that other units might be able to use.

Right now you can call the GSC and return the item. I will add this to the list of evaluating how we can return items using an online process. Thanks for the suggestion.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

sbradshaw wrote:It'd be nice to see package tracking numbers when logged in and looking at orders you've placed, instead of relying on email messages that can easily get lost. This is especially useful if you are tracking a few different shipments.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are going to modify the order details in the Unit Order History Tab under My Account to contain the tracking # that is associated with the order.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

russellhltn wrote:As far as the store layout, I'm wonder if rather than "Unit Materials" it might be better to have it as "item related to my calling". Just a thought.
Russell, We went through usability testing on this issue and it was determined that the Menu "Serving in the Church" with the submenu for callings was preferred by the Auxiliary leaders and that Unit Materials was preferred by clerks because the clerks could distinguish this area as where they would find the materials clerks needed to order for the unit. Willing to send it back to usability testing if other clerks feel the wording Unit Materials is not clear.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”