Firewall has increased DHCP Pool

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Biggles

Firewall has increased DHCP Pool

Post by Biggles »

Whilst doing a routine (for me) check on the Firewalls in my Stake, I noticed that the DHCP Pool has increased by 14 to 1004 overnight for the standard Meetinghouse configuration. For a building with a FHC it has increased by (I think)18 to 1042. I'm almost certain that an additional Zone MNG has also been created, but it might have been there before and it just didn't register with me as it didn't affect the day to day operation.

According to the Uptime log, this has been rolled out across my Stake during the last 8 hours. Anyone else seen the same?
harddrive

Re: Firewall has increased DHCP Pool

Post by harddrive »

I see the same thing and I'm trying to figure it out. I don't know why it increased, because everything else looks the same. So I wouldn't worry about it too much because it give us 18 more device to be on and if you have 1,000 devices then you got a large congregation.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Not worried. Just curious, as nothing mentioned in the Help Centre! :)
OlsenRR

Post by OlsenRR »

There has be communication that firewall updates were going to be pushed out on October 19th worldwide. The increase is due to the FAC zone changing from static to DHCP. It looks like the label needs to be changed.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Since this morning the FHC enabled building pool has increased to 1242. I'm totally confused now. :?
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

Biggles wrote:Since this morning the FHC enabled building pool has increased to 1242. I'm totally confused now.
Standard meetinghouse: Public Network (990) + Facilities Zone (1+13) = Total dynamic connections (1004).
Meetinghouse hosting a family history center: Public Network (990) + Facilities Zone (1+13) + Special Purpose Zone (238) = Total dynamic connections (1242).
NOTE: In the Technology Manager Network Tab (in the "IP Range" and "Size" columns) for the Facilities Zone (FAC) the text "Static" will be changed to "Dynamic" in the next TM update.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We were asked to upgrade the firmware on our firewalls basically a year ago, and notified that any of them that weren't updated would be pushed automatically. looks like that happened just like they've been telling us.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I spot checked a couple of firewalls. I didn't see any difference, but then I upgraded them as requested some time ago. Better to do it on my time table then deal with problems on someone else's timetable later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
djstoddard

Post by djstoddard »

All 3 of my buildings seem to be down and wont ping.

I did the upgrades many months ago.

I can get internet off the modem at my stake center but nothing off the cisco...

Guess I'll be calling tomorrow... Spent 2 hours resetting and checking for bad switches or a loop...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sometime yesterday it appears the DHCP pool went up on all of the firewalls in our stake. We did the first upgrade earlier this year. This one is new and was done automatically from headquarters. The numbers match exactly what was posted four items earlier by CleggGP.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”