Deleting Unecessary Elders Quorums

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jwelker9

Deleting Unecessary Elders Quorums

Post by jwelker9 »

Hey everybody. So I'm an assistant clerk for my YSA ward. All of us are pretty new to the calling, but I need to know how to delete excess Elders Quorums and Relief Societies from the Organizations chart. Right now we have two, but somehow we have Elders Quorum 1-5 listed on there. And Relief Society 1-4. We only need two of each! Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Johnny Welker
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleting Unecessary Elders Quorums

Post by russellhltn »

Marry them off? (Sorry, as a ex YSA ward clerk, I had to say that. :mrgreen: )

See if this thread helps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lewisnewton

Post by lewisnewton »

I had a similar issue in that our EQ President accidentally created a 2nd Elder's Quorum. As I recall I merged the two quorums into one from the Organizations page.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You will need to merge all of the elders quorums into a single quorum and then split again.
  • Choose Organizations > Elders Quorum from the menu
  • Click the Print button and print a class list (this shows both callings and members)
  • Repeat for Elders Quorum 2 (and any other quorums with detail that needs to be saved)
  • Choose Actions > Manage Split Quorum to get to the page to manage split quorums
  • Choose Actions > Combine
  • Once the combine has completed and you are back at the Elders Quorum page, choose Actions > Split Quorum
  • Move members to the new elders quorum and reassign the presidency (refer back to the the quorum list printed earlier)
  • Go to each quorum's page (from the menu: Organizations > Elders Quorum x) and make any additional corrections needed to callings
jwelker9

Post by jwelker9 »

That was it. Thank you for your help!
konk1411

Post by konk1411 »

scgallafent wrote:You will need to merge all of the elders quorums into a single quorum and then split again.
  • Click the Print button and print a class list (this shows both callings and members)
  • Repeat for Elders Quorum 2 (and any other quorums with detail that needs to be saved)
  • Choose Actions > Manage Split Quorum to get to the page to manage split quorums
  • Choose Actions > Combine
  • Once the combine has completed and you are back at the Elders Quorum page, choose Actions > Split Quorum
  • Move members to the new elders quorum and reassign the presidency (refer back to the the quorum list printed earlier)
  • Go to each quorum's page (from the menu: Organizations > Elders Quorum x) and make any additional corrections needed to callings
Is this still the process in the current version of LCR? I do not see an "Actions" menu anywhere.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

konk1411 wrote:Is this still the process in the current version of LCR? I do not see an "Actions" menu anywhere.
To get the Actions menu now, click on the little pencil icon next to the name of the quorum.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”