Not Seeing The Entire Ward Directoory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
stropesp

Not Seeing The Entire Ward Directoory

Post by stropesp »

I'm the EQ Pres in my Ward and I'm not able to see a complete list of the Ward Directory. This is true on the LDS Tools app, as well as on LDS.org/Leader and Clerk Resources. There's at least 1 family that doesn't show up on the Ward directory, but other members of the Ward can see them on their directory. Interestingly, this particular family does show up as being assigned home teachers. If I look at the home teaching routes I can see this family, but if I try to find them in the directory, either on my iPhone (LDS Tools app or LDS.org) or on my home computer (Internet Explorer), they're nowhere to be found.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not Seeing The Entire Ward Directoory

Post by russellhltn »

stropesp wrote:but other members of the Ward can see them on their directory.
Which "other members"? Members of the bishopric? (Or perhaps their wives using husband's logins).

Some members may have privacy settings set to "Leadership only". At one time "Leadership" only applied to the bishopric and stake presidency. I don't know if it's been updated to add the ward council members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

As EQ Pres with access to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR), you should be able to see all the ward members in LCR. As far as I know, all leaders with access to LCR can see all ward members there, but not necessarily in the Directory.

Your profile did not indicate which country you're in. In many countries outside of North America, due to the privacy laws, members have to opt in to have their names visible to others on the membership directory.
tylertravisallen

Post by tylertravisallen »

I'm experiencing the exact same problem posted here. Adding to it, I'm also Elders Quorum President, and the list of families that appears in the home teaching tool under leader resources on LDS.org is also incomplete -- but not incomplete in the same way. Families that I don't see in my lds tools directory and lds.org directory (which are identical) will appear in the home teaching tool, and vice versa. I haven't had a chance to compare with others yet, but even if it ties back to privacy settings, would that affect the home teaching tool? Thanks!
mevans

Post by mevans »

tylertravisallen wrote:I'm experiencing the exact same problem posted here. Adding to it, I'm also Elders Quorum President, and the list of families that appears in the home teaching tool under leader resources on LDS.org is also incomplete -- but not incomplete in the same way. Families that I don't see in my lds tools directory and lds.org directory (which are identical) will appear in the home teaching tool, and vice versa. I haven't had a chance to compare with others yet, but even if it ties back to privacy settings, would that affect the home teaching tool? Thanks!
tylertravisallan: Please let us know which country you are in (and if your unit is in a different country, that would be good to know).

There are four places where you can see membership information:
  • LCR
  • Online Directory (lds.org/directory)
  • LDS Tools mobile app
  • MLS Application (on the computer in the clerks' office if you have been given access)
Let's not focus on home teaching at the moment--just look at families in your unit as a whole. Do you see the same list of families who are members of your unit in all of the above options? (If you don't have access to MLS, don't worry about that one right now.) If not, do any of them match, or do you have a different list in each? My expectation is that the list in LCR should be complete. Is it?

Maybe someone else can help here, but I think members of the ward council should see all families in LCR, not just the ones assigned to their organization. Is that correct? I'm a ward assistant clerk, so I can see everyone.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

tylertravisallen wrote:I'm experiencing the exact same problem posted here. Adding to it, I'm also Elders Quorum President, and the list of families that appears in the home teaching tool under leader resources on LDS.org is also incomplete -- but not incomplete in the same way. Families that I don't see in my lds tools directory and lds.org directory (which are identical) will appear in the home teaching tool, and vice versa. I haven't had a chance to compare with others yet, but even if it ties back to privacy settings, would that affect the home teaching tool? Thanks!
Given your situation (in a branch in a country with stricter privacy laws), here are some things you can expect:
  • Some families visible in LCR and home/visiting teaching will not appear in LDS Tools or the LDS.org directory due to privacy settings
  • Some families that appear in LCR and in the directory will not be visible in your home teaching lists because they are treated as being assigned to a high priests group (there is work going on to address this)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Given your situation (in a branch in a country with stricter privacy laws), here are some things you can expect:
  • Some families visible in LCR and home/visiting teaching will not appear in LDS Tools or the LDS.org directory due to privacy settings
Just to add: Units in countries with strict privaicy laws require the members to "opt in" - meaning the default settings are "Private". In the US, with a little more lax privacy laws, the default setting is "stake".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”