Print ward directory & exclude one inactive member's address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dougj

Print ward directory & exclude one inactive member's address

Post by dougj »

We are preparing to print a ward directory for distribution to ward members. (Incidentally, our source is lds.org, My Account, My Ward, Directory. That's a perfect format for us.)

We have one inactive member who does NOT want their contact info (address, etc.) showing on this directory and does NOT have an lds.org account . They are OK with their name being in the printout. They probably won't bother setting up an lds.org account, either.

Is there a way for a ward clerk to set that individual's privacy setting to 'Leadership...' or an equivalent setting?

I can't see anything I can do in lds.org or in MLS. Do I have to temporarily delete their info, print the directory, then add their info back?

Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Print ward directory & exclude one inactive member's address

Post by eblood66 »

A clerk or bishopric member can edit the visibility settings on behalf of the person. They just need to view the person information in the Directory, select Edit (above the persons information on the right hand side of the screen) and then click Edit by the appropriate piece or pieces of information.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To clarify, this is done in the LDS.org Directory tool, not in MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:To clarify, this is done in the LDS.org Directory tool, not in MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources.
It can also be done in LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Post by dougj »

Good to know about leadership's ability to modify directory settings for members in both lds.org directory and in LDS Tools. It's what I needed. Thanks.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”