Down Loading MLS reports/transactional detail into Excel

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Jeraldostvig

Down Loading MLS reports/transactional detail into Excel

Post by Jeraldostvig »

Hello All,

I am a new Stake Financial Clerk and I cannot find in MLS how to download reports and data to an Excel worksheet rather that just pdf files?

Thank you!

Jerald
kellymab

Re: Down Loading MLS reports/transactional detail into Excel

Post by kellymab »

Exports were removed earlier this summer. The functionality is not expected to return.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kellymab wrote:Exports were removed earlier this summer. The functionality is not expected to return.
That was for membership. I don't think there has ever been financial exports.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Jeraldostvig wrote:I cannot find in MLS how to download reports and data to an Excel worksheet rather that just pdf files?
It has been many years since we were able to download MLS financial data into a worksheet, sorry.
Jeraldostvig

Post by Jeraldostvig »

Thanks everyone for your replies. Does anyone know why that functionality would not be available?

I have been a financial analyst for 18 years, worked for many companies and never before encountered a financial reporting system that did not have an excel download functon.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Jeraldostvig wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies. Does anyone know why that functionality would not be available?

I have been a financial analyst for 18 years, worked for many companies and never before encountered a financial reporting system that did not have an excel download functon.
I'm sure that the limitation on exporting financial data is related to concerns about privacy and security. Once data can be downloaded from a secure system, it is much easier for it to proliferate to non-secure systems. I'm not saying that there are no other security holes, but those in charge of setting financial record policies clearly are concerned about the holes related to downloaded data.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”