Removing Marks in Scriptures

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
hadov

Removing Marks in Scriptures

Post by hadov »

I made a mistake in marking a scripture. Again, I highlighted it; but there was no "Remove." I pressed "Mark" and then pressed "Remove." All that happened was that the selection was marked again with the same color when I pressed "Mark." When I pressed "Remove", it just removed the second mark and not both of them.

I had an App called: "LDS Scriptures." In order to mark part of the verse, you would press on the first word that you wanted to mark and the last word that you wanted to mark. The pop-up menu giving you choices to mark, color etc. would appear and you could that part of the verse.

This was handy for two reasons.

The first was that I could mark parts of a verse with more than one color.

The second was utility of use. I used to disarm bombs and booby-traps in Vietnam. I sold and repaired cash registers. My hands are not as agile as they once were. It is easier to press a finger on a word and then another word unless it is a single letter like "I" or "a."

Sincerely;
Ben Abrams
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Removing Marks in Scriptures

Post by jdlessley »

What operating system are you using? The implementation of features in each system specific version of GL may be different. There are discussions in the operating system specific versions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Press and hold brings up a different menu on many mobile applications. It is not just a tap. This has been the solution on some devices when it was thought at first that there was a bug in removing the original highlight.

There are still a few device-specific bugs, however.
btphelps

Post by btphelps »

Using Gospel Library on an Android Nexus tablet, I repeatedly highlight content accidentally and I can't remove it. All it takes is a brief touch of the screen. Pressing again on the highlighted text and all that's displayed is an Annotation menu and the command "Done". There is no option to edit or remove the highlight. On my tablet, I also cannot select text to copy it. This is extremely frustrating.

On my Samsung 4, trying to edit the annotation, press / select the box in the margin is problematic. Sometimes it works but its hard to use.
jensentr

Post by jensentr »

Same problem on iOS - iPad. Can't remove the original highlight or marking. App is great ... Would. Love this to get fixed
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

On my Android Samsung Note 8:

Go to area of the highlighted text - I see a small grey box on the right-side of the screen. Tap the box and then tap the trash can icon at the top of the screen. The highlighting is removed (there are also other options there related to your highlighting such as changing the color, etc).
dustysdesk

Post by dustysdesk »

The confusion comes in because you can layer on multiple highlights. When you long toich a highlight you may see multiple small gray boxes on the right. Each one represents a layer of highlighting. Each one must be deleted individually by touching the individual gray box, then the trash can, then repeat for the other layers.
dbdavis

Post by dbdavis »

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus, operating system iOS 9.2.1.
I cannot remove highlights in my scriptures once the highlight has been completed. I see no "grey squares" as mentioned in one of the forum comments below.
Is there no hope??!
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

dbdavis,

This is an Android sub-group. There is a corresponding iPhone / iPad sub-group. I suspect you'll be more likely to find people with experience over there. (I'd love to help you, but I don't have an iPhone to test on.) Here's the iPhone / iPad group: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=103

Liz
jcmillecam

Post by jcmillecam »

No help for IOS users. You refer us to the IOS forum and it refers to this one. Cats chasing lights...

Return to “Android Gospel Library”