LDS Tools and MLS Information doesn't match.

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
richardafisher3

LDS Tools and MLS Information doesn't match.

Post by richardafisher3 »

I have a newly baptized sister in the ward who is separated from her husband and he lives on the other side of the country. On MLS it shows that he is married to her but is not a part of her household. However, on LDS Tools it shows them as living in the same address. She is worried because her lawyer told her that there are legal ramifications that could occur if he finds out that he is listed as living at the same address as her. Can we remove his name on LDS Tools as living in the same household and if so how do we go about doing it? Your immediate help would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools and MLS Information doesn't match.

Post by russellhltn »

That's odd. I'm not sure why it would show that way on LDS Tools (The app that runs on smart phones). The usual culprit is the directory on the lds.org website. It pulls the information from the marriage record.

Check out the Directory FAQ:

How can I remove my ex-spouse from my household listing?
If you want to change information other than e-mail addresses, phone numbers, or photos, you will need to contact your ward or branch clerk. If you are divorced, the clerk should update your membership record. If you are only separated and do not want the spouse's name displayed, you and clerk will need to work with Church headquarters to have the record suppressed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”