lds.org not in English Language when I open page up

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mevans

Re: lds.org not in English Language when I open page up

Post by mevans »

While we have experienced these issues in the past (and someone from the church confirmed in these forums somewhere that they thought they had fixed the problem entirely), this seems to be a slightly different behavior than what I have seen in the past because changing to English isn't working very well. I'm glad someone is aware of the issue. Being the weekend, I wouldn't expect it to get attention until next week.
Skinhorse

Post by Skinhorse »

My region is the US. Site auto-loads in Spanish. When trying to select REGION, the US is not an option. Closest selection is Canada English. Can at least navigate site by choosing the Canada designation. Discovered same issue in another household as well, so it is clearly not isolated to my experience. Issue is consistent with different browsers and among different devices.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

This is was an issues on the church server side. We have since resolved the issue and it should be showing up in English, or you desired language. If your lds.org is still showing in a language other than your own, I suggest that your clear your browsers cache and cookies and it should revert back to your preferred language.
Skinhorse

Post by Skinhorse »

Cleared the cache. Still cannot find US in the North American region. Should it not be there? The Canada selection gives me a different view than the US.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Skinhorse wrote:Cleared the cache. Still cannot find US in the North American region. Should it not be there? The Canada selection gives me a different view than the US.
Did you delete your cookies or at least the one for LDS.org?
LDSAccountTech wrote:I suggest that your clear your browsers cache and cookies...
(emphasis added)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Skinhorse

Post by Skinhorse »

Yes...cookies, cache, history all cleared...twicetimes. Still no US region option.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Back when they switched to the new white website, feedback told me there was NO U.S. Country page. Select "Worldwide" for the U.S. Site.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Skinhorse wrote:Still cannot find US in the North American region.
United States is not added in the North American region. The view that the members in the States should use is Worldwide/English. However, after deleting the cache and the cookies, did the page revert back to English?
dblandon

Post by dblandon »

When I go to the October Conference link it opens in Spanish. Am I being called to learn a new language? lol. I need to read the conference talks in English. I note that General Conference is a "Beta Site". Please help.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

First off, make sure to select the green beta feedback tab and tell the developers you are in Spanish.

Next, after that clear your cookies and cache on your internet browser. This website is great showing how to clear both in IE, Firefox and chrome. It will be similar for safari and other browsers. http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/719

After that, select the world symbol and change your country to "worldwide".

Then select your language as English.

These steps should restore you to English. When they bring new pages to the new white format it causes language issues. Please report back if after follows all these steps, it still doesn't work. Give updates to the green feedback tab (I know, broken record). Developers are rarely here as this is user to user help.

Return to “Main Church Website”