Insufficient funds for a check

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
MilesMorris

Insufficient funds for a check

Post by MilesMorris »

Has anyone run into the situation where a check issued by the Church was denied for "insufficient funds"? I helped a member with his electric bill but when the electric company tried to electronically process the check it was denied. I've never seen or heard of this happening before. Church HQ said nothing appeared wrong on their side and the electric company has processed dozens of checks before this. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
eblood66

Re: Insufficient funds for a check

Post by eblood66 »

You may have the same issue described in this thread.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MilesMorris wrote:tried to electronically process the check it was denied.
They probably tried to process it as a ACH transaction. Can't do that. The church has electronic transactions turned off. They will have to process it as a check.

You might want to reference this thread.

As for "insufficient funds" someone is probably interpreting the denial.

Edit: Wow. eblood66 is fast. And a good memory, too.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Edit: Wow. eblood66 is fast. And a good memory, too.
Well, just good enough memory to have a vague recollection that I'd seen the issue before combined with good search skills :).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”