Donation to another stake

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
childfamily

Donation to another stake

Post by childfamily »

I would like to donate to my granddaughter's mission electronically, but she is in another state let alone stake...can this be done and how would it be done?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Donation to another stake

Post by jdlessley »

When you go to "Donations" from the LDS.org "My Account and Ward" menu item you will see a donation slip. In the "Ward Missionary" category click the "Select a Missionary" box and then select "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" option. You will need the ward or branch number for your granddaughter's financially responsible unit. It is usually her parent's unit.

Once you click the "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" option you can click on the "How do I get a ward or branch number?" for the instructions which state:
To donate to a missionary from another ward or branch, you will need to enter that unit's number. Please contact the ward or branch to obtain its unit number.
Another practical method to get the unit number is to use the Maps (Maps and Meeting House Locator) program. The unit number is listed after the name of the unit.

When the unit number is entered a list of missionaries for that unit is provided. You can then select your missionary - your granddaughter in this case.

Note that this will only work for units in the US.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation to another stake

Post by russellhltn »

While you can donate, it would be wise to coordinate it. Otherwise, your child may not know you are helping. Donations are not refundable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”