LDS.org in wrong language

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
deborahcarvalho

LDS.org in wrong language

Post by deborahcarvalho »

I am sorry but I can't find any other place to post this.

I was just tried opening lds.org to watch Conference. It opened in SPANISH. When I try to change the country, it will let me go to North America, then Canada, but not the USA. So I've got English but it has me living in Canada. Help? I have no idea how this happened, but I just want to get back to my normal USA pages. I live in Portland, Oregon.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org in wrong language

Post by aebrown »

deborahcarvalho wrote:I am sorry but I can't find any other place to post this.
I moved your post to the LDS.org Website forum section, where it is now by other similar discussions.
deborahcarvalho wrote:I was just tried opening lds.org to watch Conference. It opened in SPANISH. When I try to change the country, it will let me go to North America, then Canada, but not the USA. So I've got English but it has me living in Canada. Help? I have no idea how this happened, but I just want to get back to my normal USA pages. I live in Portland, Oregon.
Yesterday a few users reported a similar problem in the topic lds.org not in English Language when I open page up. However, it was then reported that the problem had cleared up by yesterday afternoon. The LDS.org site is working fine for me.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm having the same problem again. The gremlins are back :o

It was working fine for me earlier today.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

German, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish,and Arabian are confirmed to work, but changing the language to English in the URL redirects to =spa. Using the "Area-language" feature allows me to change my area to North American - Caribbean (English), but simply trying to change the language results in "the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." Update: Refreshing lds.org appears to have solved the language problem
mevans

Post by mevans »

English is working for me again.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

One thing we have tried that seems to fix it for the moment is changing the URL from https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng to https://www.lds.org/?english. This works for some as a temporary fix. Though, if you navigate away from the main page, it may switch on you again. Let us know if this works for you.
lrtmerriman

Post by lrtmerriman »

My system had the same problem, but just in certain areas. The months on the bishop action list for youth interviews was in Spanish. And the certificates printed after recording Baptism or Aaronic Priesthood ordinations are showing up in Spanish.

I tried changing the URL, no luck. I even change the language from English to French, still in Spanish. I closed are restarted the browser, no change.

When I launched the certificates from within MLS and was redirected to the website, the system defaulted to Edge (I was using Chrome) at least in Edge the language was correct for the report and certificate.
Brodypack

Post by Brodypack »

We are having the same issue. Mozilla works fine but Chrome gives us Portuguese for months on action interview list and certificates. Does anyone know a solution?
haurai

Post by haurai »

Try to reset the Chrome browser settings to default or delete the unwanted language(s) in those settings.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Deleting cookies and history has also been known to resolve the problem.

Return to “Main Church Website”