Correcting Online Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Correcting Online Donations

Post by davesudweeks »

There is other information in the forum indicating that if an Online Donation contains an Error, the Clerk (and Assistant Clerk - Finance) can correct it (some but not all of the information). I brought up a number of online donations tonight and most of the fields appear to be click-able (but I obviously did not try to change anything as none contain errors as far as I know).

I saw the following notice at the bottom of EVERY one: "This Donation has been locked for editing. If the donation needs to be adjusted, please contact the Global Service Center."

I'm sure at some point, this will come up, but if anyone has experience with this new process, perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to whether one can just edit it or if each change must be coordinated through the GSC... :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Correcting Online Donations

Post by jdlessley »

I have corrected the category for donations. For example, the amount in tithing should have been the amount in fast offering and the amount in fast offering should have been in tithing. Just as for donations made in MLS the total amount of a donation cannot be changed. Note that the changes the clerk makes must be done in MLS even though the donation was made online.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
evansaduboateng

Post by evansaduboateng »

i want to be path of the ldstech
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:I have corrected the category for donations. For example, the amount in tithing should have been the amount in fast offering and the amount in fast offering should have been in tithing. Just as for donations made in MLS the total amount of a donation cannot be changed. Note that the changes the clerk makes must be done in MLS even though the donation was made online.
Thank you. That is what the behavior appeared to be, but the statement that one must contact the GSC to make changes threw me and I wanted to be ready when it comes up in the future (I'm confident it will...).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”