Sunday School

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
llohan

Sunday School

Post by llohan »

Why is it that an Elders Quorum Councillor can edit callings within the Quorum in LCR, but a Sunday School President cant edit his auxiliary? Is there a reason for this? Also, wouldn't it be advantageous to enable the SS Pres to be able to access Unit Resources in the online store??
For wards that don't have functioning Clerks, simply ordering supplies for SS or changing the organisation of teachers can be very cumbersome. Thoughts?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sunday School

Post by lajackson »

llohan wrote:Why is it that an Elders Quorum Councillor can edit callings within the Quorum in LCR, but a Sunday School President cant edit his auxiliary?
Our Sunday School president has no trouble editing callings in the Sunday School. The SS president must be correctly recorded as a standard position in the system.
llohan

Post by llohan »

If the person is called as both EQ and SS would this conflict? Might there be a technical glitch? I'm about to be released from EQ so not a huge problem, I just have two callings in LCR at the moment, and wondering if that would be causing it?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

llohan wrote:If the person is called as both EQ and SS would this conflict? Might there be a technical glitch? I'm about to be released from EQ so not a huge problem, I just have two callings in LCR at the moment, and wondering if that would be causing it?
That could be, because the EQ president cannot edit SS things and vice versa. There should be a drop down box near the top center of Leader and Clerk Resources that will show all of your callings. See if it lists both EQ and SS. If it does, I suspect that if you select SS you will be able to edit SS callings.

I have three callings, and I sometimes get tripped up this way. But if I select the correct calling, everything seems to work just fine.
llohan

Post by llohan »

Still can't see that drop down, my bishop just put me in a short time ago? I appear in the directory as Sunday school, but have no edit buttons yet? Does it take a while? Thanks for your help lajackson
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

llohan wrote:Still can't see that drop down, my bishop just put me in a short time ago? I appear in the directory as Sunday school, but have no edit buttons yet? Does it take a while? Thanks for your help lajackson
There is a delay before you get all rights to the various applications. It used to sometimes take up to 2 days but it is usually faster nowadays. But I'd wait at least that long before worrying.
llohan

Post by llohan »

Is there a current SS Pres that can confirm they are able to edit within their auxiliary though? Thanks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

llohan wrote:Is there a current SS Pres that can confirm they are able to edit within their auxiliary though? Thanks.
I just proxied as you and There is a drop down for your two positions right up by the stake and ward names. When I changed it to Sunday School President it shows the edit options in the Sunday School callings.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jonesrk wrote: I just proxied as you...
Channeling goes high-tech ;)
llohan

Post by llohan »

I feel violated, but thank you! Haha

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”