Custom calling LCR access rights?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jwoods2

Custom calling LCR access rights?

Post by jwoods2 »

Our bishopric is extending a calling to an Asst. Executive Secretary. We've added this as a "custom calling" that falls under the bishopric in LDS.org. Will the person fulfilling this calling receive the same access rights in LCR that the bishopric has?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Custom calling LCR access rights?

Post by russellhltn »

No. Custom callings have no rights whatsoever - no matter what you call them or where they are positioned.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might consider extending a Assistant Clerk calling. That does carry some LCR rights and might be a better fit for the duties. Note that Both Assistant Clerks and Executive Secretaries have to be approved by the Stake. I think it would be wise to check with them before extending a custom position like Asst. Executive Secretary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jwoods2

Post by jwoods2 »

Thanks. I'll run this by our bishopric.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jwoods2 wrote:Thanks. I'll run this by our bishopric.
In the case of an assistant clerk, you should also run it by your stake presidency.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

We ran into this issue... nearly every ward in our stake has "Assistant Executive Secretaries" (and our stake presidency approves each of these calls).

For awhile, the wards would call the person as an assistant ward executive secretary and then set them up in LCR as an assistant clerk.

However, we've asked that the wards stop giving people callings in LCR that don't match what they were sustained as over the pulpit. For now, all the assistant ward executive secretaries in our stake do not have any access in LCR and they work with the executive secretaries and the clerks to get access to the reports they need (they ask for a printout of the action/interview list and someone else sends them a PDF).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Personally, I'd have a hard look at what everyone is doing. The bishop is given a fair amount of latitude in assignments, but perhaps they're not quite what's expected. Is the ES getting assignments that could be handled by someone else? It might be good to review Handbook 1: 13.4.2,3 & 4.

revs

Post by revs »

We have this same issue in my ward. Assigning clerk access gives more rights than the executive secretary has. I think the best solution would be to add the calling of a second executive secretary to MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

revs wrote:I think the best solution would be to add the calling of a second executive secretary to MLS.
The system is unlikely to ever support going beyond the Handbook. Everything is set by the Brethren, not developers.

Feel free to lobby the Priesthood department for changes to the Handbook (but not though the forum - they don't visit here), but don't be surprised if it backfires on you and you're told to follow the Handbook.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”