I can't see the MRN anymore

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ismael.mendoza

I can't see the MRN anymore

Post by ismael.mendoza »

Dear LDSTech,
Why can't I see the membership record number anymore in LCR?
In the past after choosing the name from the member list I could see everything about that member including the Membership Record Number of that member.
I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area.
Can you please help me?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: I can't see the MRN anymore

Post by aebrown »

ismael.mendoza wrote:Why can't I see the membership record number anymore in LCR?
In the past after choosing the name from the member list I could see everything about that member including the Membership Record Number of that member.
What is your calling? The visibility of information is determined by the calling you hold.
ismael.mendoza wrote:I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area.
You posted this in Help with tech.lds.org, which wasn't the best choice, but no worries -- I moved it to the correct place for questions about LCR.
ismael.mendoza

Post by ismael.mendoza »

Thanks much for the quick response.
Maybe I should explain more what my situation is.
Recently I was the 1st counselor to the branch president and at that time I had access to the list of all the membership in our branch (both in lds.org and LDS tools).
Now that I am the Elder's Quorum President I can't see the members list anymore (in LDS tools). I can only see 4 families there but we about 100 families in our branch...
I do however have access to the members list in lds.org but I have also noticed that in lds.org I can't see anymore the membership record number. However, I am able to see the membership record number for the four families that show up in my LDS tools.
Can you please help me?
Please help (I have come rely much on LDS tools to find anything I need to help our members in the branch)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ismael.mendoza wrote:I was the 1st counselor to the branch president and at that time I had access to the list of all the membership in our branch (both in lds.org and LDS tools).
Now that I am the Elder's Quorum President I can't see the members list anymore (in LDS tools). I can only see 4 families there but we about 100 families in our branch...
The branch presidency and the elders quorum president see different things based on their callings. In addition, it sounds as if you live in a country where members have to "opt in" to the Directory.

You were able to see everyone as a counselor in the branch presidency, but as the quorum president you can only see the members who have opted in to the Directory. The only thing you would be able to do at this point is encourage members to change their privacy settings so that other members of the branch will see them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ismael.mendoza wrote:Recently I was the 1st counselor to the branch president .... Now that I am the Elder's Quorum President I can't see
Well, that answers that. You no longer have a calling that gives you access to privileged information. There's really no reason a EQP needs to see the MRN.

I'm also guessing that you're not in the US, most likely in the UK. Over there, everyone shows up on a "opt in" basis where as in the US, they have to "opt out". It's due to local privacy laws.

I don't think there is any "fix" for your situation. Things may be changing, but they change at their own pace.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ismael.mendoza

Post by ismael.mendoza »

Something does not make sense because I am being told by the branch President that the Relief Society President can see everything...
Thanks much for your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ismael.mendoza wrote:Something does not make sense because I am being told by the branch President that the Relief Society President can see everything...
And who is her husband? Could she be using his account? It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:And who is her husband? Could she be using his account? It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
The Relief Society president's husband is indeed the first counselor in the branch presidency.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:
russellhltn wrote:And who is her husband? Could she be using his account? It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
The Relief Society president's husband is indeed the first counselor in the branch presidency.
Would that put a crimp on any of her VT?

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:Would that put a crimp on any of her VT?
No. The bishopric (or branch presidency, in this case) can see and update both home and visiting teaching information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”