Member Photo Edit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ngmatt21

Member Photo Edit

Post by ngmatt21 »

I am the membership clerk of my YSA ward, and part of my calling is to upload a photo of each member to LDS tools so ward leaders and members have a visual of who each member is. When I began this calling a few months ago, I was able to upload a photo for other members using the LDS tools app on my iPhone. However, in the last few weeks I have not been able to do so, possibly after an update on the app. I have also tried uploading it on lds.org from my laptop, but I cannot find how to do so.

Is it still possible to upload photos of members onto their membership profile? If so, how do I do it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Photo Edit

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check to make sure your calling is still recorded properly and as a standard position. Perhaps by checking other on-line tools to make sure you still have access to them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There are some good instructions for updating photos here, if you've never done it before on LDS.org:
https://tech.lds.org/blog/511-how-to-up ... tory-photo
Though it's targeted mainly to users uploading their own photos, the same instructions apply for uploading others' photos.

A tip for YSA wards: I've found it to be good practice to upload each photo twice – once for household and once for individual – even though both photos are the same for Young Single Adults. The reason for this is that in some places, only household photos show up, and in others (such as under Callings), only individual photos show up. (The same applies for phone numbers and email addresses.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Yes you can still upload using your iPhone. I did it today, though it took about 3-4 try's to get it to upload. If you upload from a computer, use Chrome. Firefox doesn't work.

However, you are competing with ALL the BYU, BYU-I, BYU-H, and LDSBC wards that are currently trying to upload photos. The main rush for uploading photos will be over in about two weeks. In the mean time, up load pictures during the week (Sunday's, Saturday's and Monday nights are clogged).

Be patient and it will work. I don't know why this year has been so bad with uploading photos. Maybe the post-age reduction mission influx?
sbradshaw wrote: A tip for YSA wards: I've found it to be good practice to upload each photo twice – once for household and once for individual – even though both photos are the same for Young Single Adults. The reason for this is that in some places, only household photos show up, and in others (such as under Callings), only individual photos show up. (The same applies for phone numbers and email addresses.)

EXCELLENT advice. Depending on how you look on LDS.org vs LDS tools you may not see a picture when one is uploaded. When I upload photos I upload one set and assign them to the household, then upload the second set and assign those to the individual person. You can't upload the same file twice before hitting upload and done, but you can have two of the same .jpg in the manage photos section.
jbott01

Post by jbott01 »

Does anyone know why "Upload Photos" does not work on Internet Explorer? I am the Ward Clerk and try to upload photos using both Firefox and IE. The Firefox one says the upload photos feature is not compatible with Firefox. However, the IE upload feature says the exact same thing. It says it is also "not compatible with Firefox" however it is not Firefox, it is Internet Explorer.

Anyone else have the same problem? Does IE work for other people? I thought it was supposed to work on IE.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbott01 wrote: I thought it was supposed to work on IE.
What version of IE? And is it running in "compatibility mode". The website may not support IE10 or lower - nor compatibility mode in IE11.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbott01

Post by jbott01 »

I'm running IE 11 in Windows 7 and am not running compatibility mode.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbott01 wrote:I'm running IE 11 in Windows 7 and am not running compatibility mode.
When you say it doesn't work, where does it fail?

Return to “Membership Help”