Nonmember spouse showing up on HT/VT routes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
luvmy8dz-p40

Nonmember spouse showing up on HT/VT routes

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

I have member records that have nonmember spouses--only one per member by the way.:) These nonmember spouses are showing up on HT/VT routes and so are counting against us for not being visited when they are unassigned anyway.
How do I get them to stop showing up on the HT/VT routes? Do I need to just delete the nonmember from the record?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

luvmy8dz wrote:I have member records that have nonmember spouses--only one per member by the way.:) These nonmember spouses are showing up on HT/VT routes and so are counting against us for not being visited when they are unassigned anyway.
How do I get them to stop showing up on the HT/VT routes? Do I need to just delete the nonmember from the record?
HT is done on a household basis. So removing a nonmember spouse from an individual member's record will have no effect on HT. The important issue is who is in what household.

I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing, but it sounds like you have an additional household with just the nonmember spouse in it, in addition to the household with the member listed as the head of household. If this is the case, then you have a couple of choices.
  1. If the nonmember spouse has given permission to be listed in the ward list, then you can simply make the nonmember spouse to be part of the member's household. Then the other household (the one with just the nonmember in it) should go away.
  2. If the nonmember spouse has not given permission, then just delete the nonmember record completely, which will of course cause the extra household to go away.
If I'm not understanding what you are seeing, please clarify.

As for Visiting Teaching, if the nonmember spouse is female, another thread discussed that she will show up on VT lists. I don't recall seeing any resolution to the problem.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

luvmy8dz wrote:I have member records that have nonmember spouses--only one per member by the way.:) These nonmember spouses are showing up on HT/VT routes and so are counting against us for not being visited when they are unassigned anyway.
Do you mean that the non-member spouses are showing up as their own Head of Household? In other words, are you able to assign different home teachers to the member and their spouse?
luvmy8dz-p40

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:Do you mean that the non-member spouses are showing up as their own Head of Household? In other words, are you able to assign different home teachers to the member and their spouse?
The member is head of household and the nonmember spouse is part of the household. The member shows up on HT lists--as it should be. But the spouse shows up on "Sisters unassigned VT" lists and therefore goes against our percentages when it comes to quarterly reports, etc.
greggo

Nomember sisters not assigned

Post by greggo »

Maybe this issue with nonmember sisters showing up on unassigned list has been fixed with a more recent version of MLS? I'm using version 2.8.3_13810 and the nonmember wives don't seem to show up in VT reports, etc. that I can find. Where exactly can I find the "not assigned" list in MLS that had the problem?

I agree that nonmember sisters should not automatically be listed on "not assigned" lists, but I think that there should be a provision in MLS to allow nonmembers to be assigned VTers, if so desired. Right now, I can't see a way to do that with this version of MLS. However, It does allow me to assign HTers to a nonmember household.

In any case, if a nonmember is assigned VTers, then they should not be counted for or against the percentage contacted statistics. Can anyone verify that this is indeed happening?

Return to “Membership Help”