Email Home Teaching Assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
halverson

Email Home Teaching Assignments

Post by halverson »

Would it be possible to have a send email option on the Home Teaching Companionship list that would send the list to the companionship? We typically like to send out email lists in addition to the printed list and this would save a lot of copying and pasting. Even if it just uses the Mailto: function.
joshbingham

Re: Email Home Teaching Assignments

Post by joshbingham »

This is a WONDERFUL suggestion. To whomever reads these, this request would save A LOT of time for local priesthood and RS leaders. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on adding this function. Pretty please with sugar on it. :)
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1. Such a request is likely outside of the discretion the Brethren give the programmers.
2. It sounds terribly mechanical and wouldn't be conducive to passing along an instructions, briefing, assignments or concerns.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
halverson

Post by halverson »

Is there a way to ask? While I would agree that an "email all" would be inappropriate, I think being able to send on a companionship level would be very nice.

I think you may be overestimating people's ability to hang onto a tiny piece of paper:) We live in a ward with a very high move in and out rate. Everyone's home teaching assignment has changes at least every 2 months. When we followup, we always get several "I lost my paper. We visited those that we had last month but are not sure who we have that is new."

Because saying the name of a new family doesn't help, we have to print to pdf, look up the companionship email, compose the email, attach the file, make sure the correct file is attached and send it on. Or we spend 2 out of the 4 nights we leave on visits redelivering papers that will soon be lost. An email stays in their phone and doesn't get lost.

Thanks,
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This is the wrong forum to submit suggestions and feedback. Either go through your priesthood leaders or submit using the Feedback link on any LCR web page.

Home teaching assignments should be given to home teaching companions during a Personal Priesthood Interview. During the interview, the history and needs of each family may be discussed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

halverson wrote:"I lost my paper. . . ."
"I never got the email."
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote: 2. It sounds terribly mechanical and wouldn't be conducive to passing along an instructions, briefing, assignments or concerns.
What would be helpful is if it opened an email using my email program and populated the body with the home teaching list. Then I could add additional information. I know that might not work, as I think some email clients may not accept a body, or there could be problems because the hyperlink isn't long enough to include the entire body of someone's home teaching list.

So, another option might be to have the church send it, but by opening a window where the supervisor can add text to go with the emailed assignment.

If I remember correctly, I submitted feedback a while ago that something like this would be nice. If you submit LCR feedback, use the "Do you have feedback on this page" link on the lower-right side of the page, not the standard feedback link in the footer of the page. It gets to the LCR team more quickly that way.
David_W3

Post by David_W3 »

I use a screen capture utility program called Hypersnap. I capture the HT companionships from the HT screen and copy into my email message to send to them. Works out great!
dantron

Post by dantron »

You can email home teaching assignments from lds tools on your smart phone but it seems to be not an option from leader clerk resources in Lds.org.
rschwaus

Post by rschwaus »

I'm a newly called HP Group Secretary. I've been asked to email a list of families assigned to each Home Teaching Companionship to make sure they have the most current information. I looked in LDS Tools on my iPhone and can see the assignments for each Home Teacher but couldn't find the option to email it to the Home Teacher. Could you please provide specific instructions on the process. I'm sure it's obvious after you've done it once.
Thanks - Russell

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”