Uploaded photos are oriented the wrong way

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kfletch

Uploaded photos are oriented the wrong way

Post by kfletch »

I've uploaded pictures to the on-line ward directory for the last couple of years without any problems. Now, the orientation in my windows "Pictures" file is fine, but when I upload, every picture turns sideways. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Uploaded photos are oriented the wrong way

Post by russellhltn »

There are two aspects to photos: The photo itself and the tags that say how it's oriented. For example. a photo taken with a cell phone will always be taken the same way no matter how you hold the phone, but there's a tag in the photo that says which way the phone was held at the time.

Some viewers (like the viewer in the phone and most Apple products) will respect these tags. Most websites won't. And that's where the problem starts.

Some have reported that generally if you rotate the photo and rotate it back it will fix things so everyone will see it the same way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”