How does returning something to Staples/EWay work Financially?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
captainBDSC

How does returning something to Staples/EWay work Financially?

Post by captainBDSC »

Hi,

My ward building recently received a new copy machine. I had on hand a spare toner and drum cartridge for the old machine which are not compatible with the new machine. I have found that I can indeed return these items to Staples/EWay, from whence I got them, but I was wondering how the financial portion of the transaction works. Does it just get credited back to my ward? Will it just show up as credit toward my Distribution Center Charges category? Will my ward receive a check?

Anyone have experience with returning internet ordered items to Staples?

Thanks,
Brent
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I had an order that was processed but it was returned before it could be delivered. They just credited the same account that they had debited
anesone

Re: How does returning something to Staples/EWay work Financially?

Post by anesone »

We are just having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what can be done with the unused drum cartridges?
mfmohlma

Re: How does returning something to Staples/EWay work Financially?

Post by mfmohlma »

anesone wrote:We are just having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what can be done with the unused drum cartridges?
Find another building in the stake that still has the old copier? The FM group could give you a clue where the old copiers still exist.
We're going to have the same issue very soon...

Return to “Local Unit Finance”