Inconsistent Visiting Teaching totals

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gjmills10

Inconsistent Visiting Teaching totals

Post by gjmills10 »

I show a total of 133 sisters on my VT Households tab (this doesn't include the 1 sister on a mission). My actual VT roster shows a total of 134 sisters. All sisters were assigned at the beginning of the month, and I have assigned a couple of sisters who moved in after the beginning of the month. When I click on the "View Totals" button, the numbers show as follows: Relief Society Contacts: X/117, Contacts to Unassigned Sisters: X/20, Total Contacts: X/137. I can understand that 117 + 20 = 137. What I can't understand is what sisters are part of the 117, which are the 20 tagged as unassigned, and why the total is more than the number of households I have. What am I missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Inconsistent Visiting Teaching totals

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure how the new system works, but under the old system, you could assign VT to a new sister, but you couldn't record the visit for the month she moved in. Typically move-outs just vanish, taking their visits with them.

You might also cast an eye about for any 18yo YW that might somehow be getting included.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

The possible number is calculated at the beginning of the month. Sisters moved in during the month are not included nor is any visit recorded to a new sister. On the other side, sisters moved out during the month are part of that number. If you recorded a visit to that sister before they were moved our that visit counts as a visit even though you can no longer view her. Also, if you did not record her as visited but the new receiving ward recorded a visit during that first month, that visit is recorded as a visit for your ward. In other words, a members HT/VT record stays with their membership. Their statistics are reported to the ward in which their records were on the first day of the month. At least that is what I am seeing by watching it closely for 2 months. I recently moved a sister out after I marked my wife's visit to her. Since our VT Coordinator has not recorded any visits yet, our statistics remained and the same number of sisters after I moved her out and the record of one visit is shown. When going to the household view, no sister is marked as visited because because she is no longer in our ward. This also applies to sisters moved in because they turned 18. They are not included until they were on the RS roll on the first day of the month.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure how it is now, but it used to be that the rolls were calculated at the beginning of the month, but anyone moving out just disappeared. They went from both the numerator and the denominator - which meant that prior quarters could change depending on move outs. I'm not 100% sure how the new system works. I know the new ward can see the stats "from before" but I'm not sure how the stats are calculated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I should also point out that the month is not over yet. Things might be different come Oct 1st. You can record the visits, but I wouldn't be too concerned about the totals for September just yet.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”