Lds. Calendar not coming up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nashbaer

Lds. Calendar not coming up

Post by nashbaer »

I've been having touble for a few weeks now. I'm a calendar administrator and have full calendar rights. When I log on it takes much longer to load than normal and when it finally does load all events after Sept. 27th aren't there. I can add events in Week View but not in Month View and once those events are added I can't get them to them in Because all events aren't displaying prior to that Sept. 27th date. I can see the events in LDS Tools, so they are there... but editing and viewing events has become near impossible. Others in my ward are having similar difficulties.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lds. Calendar not coming up

Post by russellhltn »

Overload? Have you tried unchecking calendars to see if the remaining ones start working?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nashbaer

Post by nashbaer »

It's so frozen I can't even uncheck calendars or recheck calendars. I had limited functionality last week now it seems like it's totally down.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What device and browser are you using?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nashbaer

Post by nashbaer »

I've tried on Chrome, Explorer and Firefox. With different PCs and my phone's browser
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nashbaer, can you go to https://www.lds.org/header and paste the results in a PM to me? The developers are aware of a "performance issue" but want to see if your problem is the same issue.

For performance issues, they advise turning off all location calendars and only using the one that you need to check for conflicts. But you're saying you can't get that far.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Good news. We found the problem and a fix for it. It involved some repeating events that were going into an endless loop and eventually filling the stack. The next release has quite a few fixes and should greatly stablize recent problems. It will be released either next week or the week after. We know that wards and stakes are trying to put in their 2016 events so we want to make sure things are working well as traffic increases. Also church-wide events for 2016 should be loaded in very soon.

Dave Crockett
calendar product manager
nashbaer

Post by nashbaer »

Is there anything I can do now to basic access over the Ward calendar, or add events?
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

CrockettDR wrote:Good news. We found the problem and a fix for it. The next release has quite a few fixes and should greatly stablize recent problems. It will be released either next week or the week after.
Dave Crockett
calendar product manager
Hi Dave,
Any new projections on the time frame that the next Calendar update will be released? :D :)
Thanks,
Larry H.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ELHawkes wrote:
CrockettDR wrote:Good news. We found the problem and a fix for it. The next release has quite a few fixes and should greatly stablize recent problems. It will be released either next week or the week after.
Any new projections on the time frame
It appears that "or the week after" will be the closer estimate. That would be this week, which is not yet over.

Return to “Calendar”