Sent in donation and bank withdrew wrong amount

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
MiRod

Sent in donation and bank withdrew wrong amount

Post by MiRod »

Hey I sent in a donation and when I checked my bank statement it showed that they processed the donation for less than the check was written for. How do I get that fixed?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sent in donation and bank withdrew wrong amount

Post by lajackson »

MiRod wrote:my bank . . . processed the donation for less than the check was written for.
You might start with your ward clerk. He will know what amount was processed by the Church on the donation. If that amount is correct, the Church and the bank should work it out themselves, at which point you would see another charge to your checking account for the difference between what was charged and what should have been charged.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MiRod wrote:Hey I sent in a donation
When you say "sent in", how was this donation done? Via the on-line system, or via passing a envelope to a member of the bishopric?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I have had checks processed by the bank for the wrong amount before. I just called the bank with the details, the bank verified against the check image and made the correction.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
mevans

Post by mevans »

kd7mha wrote:I have had checks processed by the bank for the wrong amount before. I just called the bank with the details, the bank verified against the check image and made the correction.
I still suggest checking with your ward clerk. If the bank made a correction, it's probably going to impact the deposit and a clerk is going to be trying to figure out which of the many checks deposited that day was adjusted. You might save someone a bunch of time reconciling matters by providing that important information.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mevans wrote:
kd7mha wrote:I have had checks processed by the bank for the wrong amount before. I just called the bank with the details, the bank verified against the check image and made the correction.
I still suggest checking with your ward clerk. If the bank made a correction, it's probably going to impact the deposit and a clerk is going to be trying to figure out which of the many checks deposited that day was adjusted. You might save someone a bunch of time reconciling matters by providing that important information.
That gets done by CHQ since CUBS came out. The ward clerk isn't involved at all and can't really do anything directly. CHQ identifies the check and adjusts the donation record. However, the clerk could send a message to local unit support indicating the problem. It may affect whether they just adjust the donation or ask the bank to review the deposit.

Return to “Online Donations”