Missing manuals

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kiritaylor

Missing manuals

Post by kiritaylor »

The windows 8 Gospel library is missing the primary teaching manuals numbers 5 and 6. There is no icon to show they even exist.
ToManyLetters

Re: Missing manuals

Post by ToManyLetters »

The Gospel Library apps only show content that has been made available to them by the content team. We don't provide the content, we just develop the app.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I don't see them on Android either, so that does seem to indicate that it is a content issue.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

They are available on Apple. I know typically android only shows the current year curriculum versus all curriculum. It's possible the same is true for windows. I can't download other year Sunday school lessons. Only the current focus.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) are on an experimental platform. Android and Windows share a common, stable content platform.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

kellymab wrote:They are available on Apple. I know typically android only shows the current year curriculum versus all curriculum. It's possible the same is true for windows. I can't download other year Sunday school lessons. Only the current focus.
The Primary 5 & 6 manuals are not showing on any platform currently because they have been marked as obsolete. On iOS, however, there is an advanced option which will let you see obsolete content, but we haven't implemented that yet on Windows. It is possible that we may not implement that feature either as they may want us to move away from showing obsolete content on all platforms.
bradleyrowlandhayes

Post by bradleyrowlandhayes »

My iPhone 6 is missing Primary Manual 3. I have 1, 2, and 4 available for download, but no 3. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times.

Is 3 also considered outdated? Any help please. It's totally gone. Not even available to add.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Most likely. It appears that with certain types of content, the content team only makes available the manual for the current year. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling will cause this content to appear once the content team has chosen to make it unavailable.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”