Funds Transferred to Stake Showing Outstanding

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jhansen2000

Funds Transferred to Stake Showing Outstanding

Post by jhansen2000 »

About 2 weeks ago, I transferred funds from our ward from the Other: Authorized Member Financed Activities account to the Stake. The stake does not have any record of the transfer. In MLS it shows as being Outstanding, but the funds are not in the account. How do I resolve this or who should I contact to find out where the funds are and what I need to do to get them to the stake.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Funds Transferred to Stake Showing Outstanding

Post by lajackson »

I would call local unit support and ask for their help. I assume the stake knows where to look for the funds, and that is not the issue.
drepouille

Re: Funds Transferred to Stake Showing Outstanding

Post by drepouille »

The first time I received funds transferred to the stake (as the stake clerk), it was difficult to find them in MLS. If a ward transfers funds to the stake's Other:AMFA account, it appears at the top level account. The stake clerk must know the purpose of the transfer so he may move those funds from the Other:AMFA top level down to the appropriate subcategory. One way to "see" incoming funds transfers is by running an Income and Expense report. Another is to wait for the monthly financial statement, but I admit it can be tricky identifying transferred funds on the financial statement.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”