EQ and HP cant transfer Home Teaching families names

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Scrawler

EQ and HP cant transfer Home Teaching families names

Post by Scrawler »

I am an Elders Quorum President and I have 129 Elders assigned to my quorum but only 66 people are on my home teaching list. The HP have the missing 63 members plus all the other unassigned (180 unassigned total).
I have been working with the HP group leader and we can't assign any families to each others lists. The only thing that has been an option is have the HP print out the unassigned list. Does anyone have access to change what group is in charge of each family? I cant send anyone to HP and the HP can't send families to me. Did I miss something? Please help. :D
-EQP
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: EQ and HP cant transfer Home Teaching families names

Post by russellhltn »

Scrawler wrote:Does anyone have access to change what group is in charge of each family?
I think there should be a way of assigning the Elders to your quorum. By default all prospective elders go to the HP group, but there should be a way of transferring their attendance to the Elders. Have the clerk check into it.

As far as families for HT, there is no way to transfer them at this time. I understand it's under review, but no word of if and when any changes will happen. By default, families with a Elder as the Head of Household will be assigned to elders, all others will be assigned to HP. You CAN assign them to companionships, but you won't see them on your unassigned list.

Again, for the time being, you may want to get your clerk involved as he can see the unassigned for all quorums.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Scrawler

Re: EQ and HP cant transfer Home Teaching families names

Post by Scrawler »

Great.. That is the answer I was looking for.. Now I'll just need to go over unassigned with clerk or hp. I appreciate your prompt response. Thank you

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”