Errir Windows error 2 occurred while loading the java VM

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
michaelfish

Errir Windows error 2 occurred while loading the java VM

Post by michaelfish »

When launching MLS, I receive the following error

Windows error 2 occurred while loading the java VM

This is a Windows 7 Dell 580 and could not find any solutions regarding the MLS association. Has anyone had this problem and a solution.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java and before I call GSC or reinstall MLS, I wanted to know what your opinion is.
michaelfish

Re: Errir Windows error 2 occurred while loading the java VM

Post by michaelfish »

FYI, I get the same error when attempting to uninstall MLS
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

Is this by chance a new Computer installation?

This looks like a potential security token reset error. I don't have the exact instructions to hand, but if you uninstall MLS and also delete the Java folder (on its own) in the Windows programs folder, that should get rid of any corrupt files. When you reinstall MLS it installs its own version of Java.

Either way you will need to contact GSC, during the week, to reset the security token. If you aren't the STS, or don't feel happy about doing any of the above, then enlist his help.

ABOVE ALL MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP YOUR MLS DATABASE, FIRST!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that the Java that MLS uses shouldn't be the same was what you see in the control panel. It's tucked it away out of sight. I'd suggest uninstalling Java and then doing a "on top" install of MLS. That will avoid the security reset. If that happens, you'll be unable to do a send/receive or get your finances working until Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Yes, I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java but that did not work.

I also attempted to uninstall MLS but could not because I got the same error, so I could not uninstall and reinstall MLS.

Solution: I the contacted GSC and they instructed me to download and install MLS over the existing MLS program. That worked. They did not have to reset the security key.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

MLS should run fine without Java installed, since MLS should have a built-in JRE. OpenOffice and LibreOffice may require Java to be installed, but not MLS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”