Adult Member Self-Reliance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
steve.schofield

Adult Member Self-Reliance

Post by steve.schofield »

Executive Secretary lds.org account shows under "Reports" a highlighted report called "Adult Member Self-Reliance" and I don't know how to complete it. It shows the status of all of our ward members as "unknown." The directions at the top of the report suggest I should complete the report quarterly. There just aren't any buttons to click to change the status of our ward members. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adult Member Self-Reliance

Post by jdlessley »

This is the information for that report.
Those Who Need Help to Provide for the Necessities of Life
Please mark below the self-reliance status of all adult members in your unit. Self-reliance is “the ability, commitment, and effort to provide for the temporal and spiritual necessities of life for self and family” (Handbook 2: Administering the Church [2010], 6.1.1). Update this status quarterly or as often as needed. Bishops are the only leaders who may indicate the self-reliance status of adult members. However, clerks may enter this information as provided by the bishop.
Note what the last sentence says. Certain others may only view this report
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

On the stake level we are able to see a summary (pie chart with percentages) for each ward based on what's entered by the wards. None of the wards in my stake have started using it yet.

From what I can tell, it's not required, in the same way that a quarterly report is: "Update this status quarterly or as often as needed" – but it can be a helpful tool for your bishopric and/or ward council to help you minister more effectively.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”