Exporting a list to Google Docs

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jbrowntoros

Exporting a list to Google Docs

Post by jbrowntoros »

My Stake Pres wants me (exec sec) to create a Google Document (sheet) of our prospective Elders. Stake leaders can then use this to track their progress and determine who to visit, etc.
I can use LCR to see each ward's list of Pros. Elders by going to Unit Statistics and then finding the line, clicking the # for that ward.

Can I then export this list into Google Sheets? Don't want to type 600 names out myself (not that to always be changing the names would make for easy maintenance, either).

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Exporting a list to Google Docs

Post by russellhltn »

You may wish to discuss the following with your stake president.

From the Meetinghouse Technology Policy
4.9 MLS Data and Membership Information

4.9.1 Information about members, donations, and financial transactions is confidential and must be protected from unauthorized disclosure.

4.9.2 MLS data, database tables, or schemas must not be used or shared to create or assist in the creation of third party software.

4.9.3 The use of MLS data and membership information in third party software is prohibited, whether obtained from within or outside of a meetinghouse.

4.9.4 The use of cloud-based services for storing and/or backing up MLS or any membership related data is prohibited.

This data is in LCR and available to those who need it. As for Why don’t stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors have access to LCR?:
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
And MLS was changed
•Removed the Export option from the File tab of the MLS menu bar to better ensure that membership data is kept secure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:This data is in LCR and available to those who need it.
As the ward mission leader, I cannot see the list of prospective elders. I asked the bishop and the ward clerk for a list of those names, and the bishop said I didn't need to know everyone on the list -- I only needed to be concerned with those prospective elders that the ward council wanted me to contact.
The ward clerk was surprised when I told him I could not see the list of prospective elders. He simply assumed that everyone on the ward council could click on the link in Unit Statistics to see the list. This makes it difficult for ward council members to tell the ward clerk which prospective elders were contacted each month, which is part of the report required by the North America Central Area.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mevans

Post by mevans »

I don't know who has access to the list of prospective elders in LCR (I'm an assistant clerk and can see a lot of information). I would hope at least the priesthood leadership (EQ/HP) can see it. I can understand why they might limit access to the information, as there might be sensitive situations and it helps protect the privacy of the individual. It may be a similar situation for temple recommend status. In the past, I've been in ward council and the bishop provided names of certain individuals whose recommend had lapsed on which he wanted the ward council to focus. The bishop didn't disclose the whole list; just certain ones he wanted the ward council to focus on.

If your Area Presidency requires this information and you find it difficult to obtain because of LCR restrictions, your stake president can provide feedback to his priesthood leadership about the difficulties. His priesthood leaders are the people who probably have the most ability to affect change in LCR if they feel it is needed to carry out the mission of the church.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

mevans wrote:If your Area Presidency requires this information and you find it difficult to obtain because of LCR restrictions, your stake president can provide feedback to his priesthood leadership about the difficulties. His priesthood leaders are the people who probably have the most ability to affect change in LCR if they feel it is needed to carry out the mission of the church.
Our stake is in the North America Central Area and we produce the same data. Considering the restrictions in LCR, couldn't the WML report who they visited in the quarter to the ward clerk and the ward clerk notes which ones were to Prospective Elders?

Then the WML leader doesn't have to know who is a Prospective Elder... the WML only needs to keep track of who was visited... and it becomes the responsibility of a clerk to tie the visited people back to the Prospective Elder list.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”