New Unit missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

New Unit missing

Post by russellhltn »

My stake had a branch created on August 9th. It's been in the CDOL and Directory for several weeks now - but doesn't appear in the drop-down list in maps. Anyone else seeing this?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: New Unit missing

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:My stake had a branch created on August 9th. It's been in the CDOL and Directory for several weeks now - but doesn't appear in the drop-down list in maps. Anyone else seeing this?
I'm in a unit that was just created 3 Sundays ago. Our unit showed up in the Directory the next day (I assume it showed in CDOL but I don't have to access to know for certain) but it didn't show up in maps until about the Saturday after. So there is obviously additional work that has to happen to make it show correctly in maps. But if it's been several weeks I'd assume that something has fallen through the cracks.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The FM group also has a database of properties. I don't know if that is what is used to relate units to a meetinghouse or not; I just know it exists.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:The FM group also has a database of properties. I don't know if that is what is used to relate units to a meetinghouse or not; I just know it exists.
Good thought. The property number is associated with the branch in CDOL, so I don't think that's it. But the times still haven't come though. That might be a hold-up. I'll have to drop in and toggle the times.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well, getting the times added to CDOL didn't fix it. So I'm not sure why it isn't showing up. As I said, the property number is showing in CDOL, so I think the location has been entered.

mevans

Post by mevans »

I recently had some units drop off the map for a bit. I asked the Stake Clerk about it and by the time he looked, they had reappeared. Maybe there's something funny going on with the Maps.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”