Getting access to Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching assignments via LCR?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Getting access to Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching assignments via LCR?

Post by nathangg »

Hi,

Is there a way in LCR to get all families in a ward who don't have home teachers?

Background:

I used to be able to use MLS Custom Reports to pull all the home teachers for everyone in the ward in a single report. We used this report to provide information during Bishop PPIs with the stake president to see which families weren't assigned home teachers.

However, running this report in MLS no longer provides accurate information. Is there a way to get this same information from LCR? (It would be nice if the data would sync, but that doesn't seem to be the case).

I know I can click on every household in the ward and look to see if they have home teachers, but there doesn't seem to be a consolidated report (my calling is stake executive secretary and as mentioned, I've been building reports for the stake president that are used during PPIs with bishops).

Thank you~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting access to Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching assignments via LCR?

Post by russellhltn »

Not for the EQ or HPG. The ward clerks might be able to do it. They have a more "global" view.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nathangg wrote:Is there a way in LCR to get all families in a ward who don't have home teachers?
Not for a stake user. You can see statistical information, but cannot see detailed information on families.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Not for a stake user. You can see statistical information, but cannot see detailed information on families.
Thank you for your reply. I suppose this simplifies the reports I provide to the stake president for PPIs :-) However, it seems that this isn't as much as a "You don't have rights" as much as it is "This hasn't been implemented". I mention this because when I view an individual on their member-profile page, it shows the home teachers.

Are there any plans to expand this so stake users can see this information? It is super helpful to be able to access it, although I understand there are competing priorities on rolling out new functionality for LCR.

In the meantime, I think I might try the following:
  • See if the ward executive secretary can see this information and send me a PDF every month (so I can still provide the list to the stake president)
  • See if the Stake President can see the information (if he can, then he can access it via his computer instead of me printing it for him).
  • Remove the unassigned home teaching reports that I provide and have the stake president request that bishops bring their own unassigned families home teaching report to the PPI (or send it beforehand).
Thanks again!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nathangg wrote:
  • See if the ward executive secretary can see this information and send me a PDF every month (so I can still provide the list to the stake president)
  • See if the Stake President can see the information (if he can, then he can access it via his computer instead of me printing it for him).
  • Remove the unassigned home teaching reports that I provide and have the stake president request that bishops bring their own unassigned families home teaching report to the PPI (or send it beforehand).
Or have the Bishop sign in during the PPI.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nathangg wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I suppose this simplifies the reports I provide to the stake president for PPIs :-) However, it seems that this isn't as much as a "You don't have rights" as much as it is "This hasn't been implemented". I mention this because when I view an individual on their member-profile page, it shows the home teachers.
It's not a "this hasn't been implemented," because it was specifically not implemented. There are no plans to expand this to stake users.

Perhaps the conversation needs to change from "I have this report here that tells me which families in your ward don't have home teachers" to "How many families in your ward don't have home teachers assigned and what are you and your priesthood leaders doing to address that?"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Perhaps the conversation needs to change from "I have this report here that tells me which families in your ward don't have home teachers" to "How many families in your ward don't have home teachers assigned and what are you and your priesthood leaders doing to address that?"
Along that line, see the first question in the LCR FAQ - "Why don’t stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors have access to LCR?"

There seems to be an implied management style.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:Not for the EQ or HPG. The ward clerks might be able to do it. They have a more "global" view.
I did not see that anyone directly answered if this is possible. As an assistant ward clerk, I am able to log in and there's a report to show unassigned families: Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught.

So yes, the report is available to those with permission.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:Perhaps the conversation needs to change from "I have this report here that tells me which families in your ward don't have home teachers" to "How many families in your ward don't have home teachers assigned and what are you and your priesthood leaders doing to address that?"
Along that line, see the first question in the LCR FAQ - "Why don’t stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors have access to LCR?"

There seems to be an implied management style.
This is great! Thank you! And thank you for the links!
manny50

Post by manny50 »

What has changed because I can no longer update home teaching statistics is that reserved for the Elders Quorum President exclusively now? It is not accessible through LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”