Not able to make restrictions on calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Lolakwood

Not able to make restrictions on calendar

Post by Lolakwood »

I am the building scheduler for the the Duthie Hill Building in Bellevue WA AND have been for over 3 years so I know what I am doing. I have not been able to make or adjust restrictions on my building's calendar for over a month. I have sent multiple feedback and am getting not answers. I have contact the Stake and they have assured me that I am list and have access as the Duthie Hill Building Scheduler. To verify that everything was correct, he deleted my access and then gave it back to me. I, in the meantime, deleted all cookies and history. I then signed in and tried to make a restriction, but to no avail.

I am not getting any response from the tech team for lds.org and really need this fixed NOW. I have several restrictions that I need to adjust and new ones that need to be made. Meanwhile, all I can do is add them to MY ward's calendar which is not what is suppose to happen.

I am totally frustrated and am unable to my calling. Please, please, please get this fixed. Don't just keep telling me that individuals must also be set up with the appropriate position in the Member and Leaders Services (MLS), because we have done that as I indicated in the first two feedbacks that I sent. this is not a Stake issue THIS IS A LDS.ORG ISSUE and YOU need to correct it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE I am begging you to do more than you have done in the past month because whatever you have done is not enough because the issue is still not resolved.

Lola Wood
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not able to make restrictions on calendar

Post by russellhltn »

There was a problem back in July where the building schedulers got dropped from the system. The stake will need to add you back.

I think the stake looking in the wrong place. They're probably looking at your rights to the calendars, or perhaps your calling. What they need to do is to go into the Location and add you as a building scheduler. Refer them to the section Adding or Deleting a Building Scheduler for a Location in Setting Up Locations, Designating Units and Building Schedulers. That, and only that, is what grants rights to edit restrictions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Lolakwood

Post by Lolakwood »

The Stake has added me back several times. In an effort to correct whatever the issue is, the Stake has deleted my access and then re-added my access. I have spoken to other building schedulers in my stake and they are having the same issue. In fact, I just spoke to the individual who adds and deletes access and he verified that I am set up in Locations as the building scheduler for building 3 of the Bellevue WA Stake but I still cannot make restrictions or modify a previous restriction. I have been having have been having this issue since August 2015 and have sent several feedback with no help other than what you have said. And the stake has followed that proceedure.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just created a restriction on my stake's calendar, so it's not a system-wide problem. If it was something affecting others, I'm sure we'll hear about it shortly - just like what happened in that other thread.

This forum is primarily user-to-user. Most of us have no power to fix this. CHQ is unlikely to make you a Building Scheduler on your say-so. You need a member of the Stake Presidency, such as a stake clerk to call in and see what's going wrong. They might want to add themselves to make sure they're doing it right.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
braqston

Post by braqston »

Please be more specific about what exactly you are doing and at what point it fails. Please also include any error messages.

In the mean time, please check the following:

1. Click the gear, and select 'Location and Rooms' from the dropdown.
2. Select the building from the left column.
3. Click 'Edit' in the main window.
4. Check 'This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes'. 5. Click 'Save'.

I think this must have been added recently, because our building schedulers started reporting a problem a little over a month ago, and this fixed their problem. It also affects what you are describing, so this may be a solution.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

braqston wrote:I think this must have been added recently ...
The feature to allow or not allow units to schedule buildings by checking or unchecking the box for "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" has been a part of Calendar since it was rolled out years ago.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Lolakwood

Post by Lolakwood »

Thank you. I think adding myself as scheduler has fixed the issue. I can now edit previous restrictions.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

lolakwood wrote:I just spoke to the individual who adds and deletes access and he verified that I am set up in Locations as the building scheduler for building 3 of the Bellevue WA Stake but I still cannot make restrictions or modify a previous restriction.
"Stake Scheduler--Building 3" is a stake calling, but it does not grant any calendar privileges at all. You must be granted edit privileges to the meetinghouse (location) calendar.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
braqston

Post by braqston »

jdlessley wrote:
braqston wrote:I think this must have been added recently ...
The feature to allow or not allow units to schedule buildings by checking or unchecking the box for "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" has been a part of Calendar since it was rolled out years ago.
I'm new to the LDS calendar, so I have no idea. All I know is recently that check box caused a lot of problems where there were none before. It either unchecked itself, or the functionality tied to it changed recently. This is a frustrating program to admin.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The normal situation is for that box to be checked.

Return to “Calendar”