Access to units in which you serve outside home unit.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jkrawlins

Access to units in which you serve outside home unit.

Post by jkrawlins »

I and my wif are currently serving as MLS missionaries in the Ca Bakersfield mission. Recently I discovered that I had access to information in the stake we serve in. This was very helpful. Today, I synced and no longer have the Ca Bakersfield South Stake info. I read that access is permitted for info in areas where you serve. How to I get this access?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access to units in which you serve outside home unit.

Post by russellhltn »

Access for missionaries is controlled by the mission office. I don't have the details on that other than it's how they assign you in the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you local service missionaries (reporting to a stake president) or full-time missionaries (reporting to a mission president)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rparker55

Post by rparker55 »

The sister missionaries serving in our young single adult branch would like access to the stake directory as well as for our branch. Our branch draws members from the entire stake and thus it would help them to have access to the entire stake. Is there anyway to provide them with that access from their ipads?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rparker55 wrote:The sister missionaries serving in our young single adult branch would like access to the stake directory as well as for our branch.
When the mission office gives the missionaries access to the YSA branch, they should have access to all members of the branch who will have their membership records there. I thought missionaries could also see the stake, but even if not, all of the membership records of participating YSA should have been transferred into the branch.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The only way to do this would be to add them as out-of-unit members in the branch; however, I would get approval from the stake presidency before doing so, to make sure they're OK with them being able to see everyone in the stake. A downside with adding them as out-of-unit member is you'll need to remove them and add the new missionaries as out-of-unit members every time there's a transfer.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that outside of a few callings, such as stake presidency, it's not possible to see everyone in the stake. Generally, minor children are not visible to anyone outside of the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”