Forms for self use

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
MorettiDP

Forms for self use

Post by MorettiDP »

The Church have "one billion" forms in many languages to your greatest number of departments, services and etc.
In my company, the paper forms are now available in PDF self use formats (like LDS Catalog annual curriculum submission forms).
This use is interesting to have only the most important informations (that is needed to become safely by a time) available, because Adobe Reader can't save the reports. For exemple, many reports can be printed and sended for your destination (like area presidencies), but others is good to have in printed papers because your important data content (like annual histories, for exemple).

Is it one good idea? Church's Distribution Services use these system and I believe that is good...!

Post by russellhltn »

MorettiDP wrote:because Adobe Reader can't save the reports.
Actually, Adobe Reader CAN save filled in forms - if it finds a license in the PDF file. From the Adobe website, it looks like both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat 3D can do that but I'm not sure about limitations.

I think it would be a good suggestion to ask Church HQ to do that on PDF forms they distribute. I'm sure it costs money, but given the wide distribution, it may be worth it.

Standard disclaimers apply: Adobe Pro/3D are not free programs nor have official connection to the church.
mkmurray

Disclaimer

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:Standard disclaimers apply: Adobe Pro/3D are not free programs nor have official connection to the church.

Nicely done, RusselHltn. Man, you guys don't need us moderators anymore! :D
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

We're just learning as users to cover our bases.:D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:Nicely done, RusselHltn. Man, you guys don't need us moderators anymore! :D
Yeah, I didn't think anyone would get confused about Adobe, but I decided to be careful about it. Not only is it not free, it's price is somewhere in the :eek: range as far as personal finances go.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”