Webcast digital pixelization

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lchoyt

Webcast digital pixelization

Post by lchoyt »

We just finished out first Stake Conference yesterday using the new VidiU. We have been webcasting for five years. One thing we noticed was when the speaker moved or there was a lot of movement in the background on some of the computers i.e. clerks computer in office, there was more of the square boxes instead of a clean picture. On two of our download sites they used their personal laptops with I7 and had a better quality of picture. At one of the download sites it buffered for about 45 sec. but didn't freeze and resumed after the buffering. I know the recomendation is for a quad core processor, is this likely the main source of the pixilization ? I'm looking for some good feed back to support our plea to get new laptops as the ones we have are 5 years old and only dual core.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Webcast digital pixelization

Post by Mikerowaved »

Since this issue of quad-core on the receive side seems to be a recurring theme, I'm curious if the latest quad-core Pi 2 would qualify. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Webcast digital pixelization

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Since this issue of quad-core on the receive side seems to be a recurring theme, I'm curious if the latest quad-core Pi 2 would qualify. :)
But isn't "supported" for meeting houses still limited to Windows?

Edit: Current requirements:
  • A computer (Mac or PC) with a dual-core processor minimum (4-core recommended).
    Note: Mobile devices are not recommended for Primary Receive Sites.
  • A supported Internet browser: Firefox (version 39 only) or Safari.
Although, rather than a Pi 2, there are some Android set-top boxes I'd look at first. By the time you add everything to make the Pi plug and play, you're at the same price range.

Edit 2: Like this
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”