Directory Updates

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
hansenfam

Directory Updates

Post by hansenfam »

We recently printed off a directory of the RS sisters in our ward and passed it around. We have several that have wrong phone numbers and e-mail addresses. We have a lot of sisters who are not really comfortable with the computer, so we had them write their new numbers and e-mails on the directory. I am serving as Relief Society President, and ward Website person. I used to be able to make those changes, but now I do not have the authority. I am not sure my Bishop is going to want to sit down and make all the changes. With updates will I be able to make those changes, or do I need to go to each sisters home and help them log in and make the updates themselves. The wrong phone numbers are really messing with my visiting teachers. People do not know how to contact each other. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
eblood66

Re: Directory Updates

Post by eblood66 »

That would normally be the responsibility of a clerk. There no reason the bishop would have to do it. The executive secretary or a bishopric counselor would also have rights to update contact information but it's really the clerks job and either the ward clerk or membership clerk should do it.
hansenfam

Post by hansenfam »

My husband is in the bishopric and he does not have authority to update directory information any more either. Our executive secretary could do it, but he is a little slow on getting things done. (Said in the nicest way).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They may have tightened the rights. If a councilor can't do it, then I doubt if a Executive Secretary can. Find a clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Executive Secretary's do still have some editing rights, unless something has changed since Monday.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Invite the clerk over for dinner with the family. After dinner, pull out the computer and fix some membership records. :)
hansenfam

Post by hansenfam »

Now you are thinking!!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

hansenfam wrote:My husband is in the bishopric and he does not have authority to update directory information any more either. Our executive secretary could do it, but he is a little slow on getting things done. (Said in the nicest way).
If your husband is in the bishopric, he can make the change from Leader and Clerk Resources or from Directory.
rick.hansen

Post by rick.hansen »

He couldn't do it from the directory, but didn't know there was a place in the Leader and Clerk Resources. Thanks! We will give it a try.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We may need to clarify what can be changed. Changing phone numbers and emails is fairly easy. Changing the address is another matter. That goes though the ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, membership clerk or bishop. I don't think anyone else can do that. Not even the member.

Maybe that's why your husband doesn't think he can change things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”