My Ancestry account is not registered as LDS

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
cadyrae

My Ancestry account is not registered as LDS

Post by cadyrae »

A few months ago I created an ancestry account through familysearch's link and synced the accounts. For some reason though, my account never registered as lds. I can't view any of the temple ordinances, and my account only lets me view very little. It's showing that it is only a guest account, and so I don't have any of the privileges that come with the lds subscription. Does anyone know if there is a way to update it? I've tried calling Ancestry but have never been able to get past being on hold. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My Ancestry account is not registered as LDS

Post by russellhltn »

First, let's make sure your login has LDS credentials. Can you use that login to access your ward's calendar or directory? If not, then you need to go to ldsaccount.lds.org and add your Membership Record Number (MRN). That can be found on your temple recommend or ask your ward clerk.

If that's OK, I'm not sure what to suggest. I didn't think Ancestry held any information about temple ordinances - just FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

While it is true that Ancestry does not hold information about temple ordinances, an LDS Ancestry account allows you to link individuals from your Ancestry trees to FamilySearch Family Tree. Once the link is made, you can sync data back and forth, and you can submit and track temple ordinances using Ancestry.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
angietrunk

my account isnt recognizing

Post by angietrunk »

im having the same problem!!! i was on these forums yesterday trying to link my lds account to ancestry.com and it WONT LET ME it says its invalid even though i verified it. AAAAGGHHH any help here please??? :roll:
~angie
debbiesheets

Post by debbiesheets »

WHAT TO DO IF YOU CANNOT GET INTO YOUR FREE LDS ANCESTRY ACCOUNT

Go to your FamilySearch account> sign in> click on your NAME> go to SETTINGS> go to CONNECTED ACCOUNTS> see if you have ANCESTRY as an account

IF YES:
> Go to Ancestry.com and sign in with your EMAIL address (user name default given by Ancestry) Type in password (usually IF YOU WERE SMART same as FamilySearch)
you can always tell if its an LDS Ancestry account by seeing the little green tree near top right of page on any persons main page in Ancestry. If its not there YOU DO NOT HAVE AN LDS ACCOUNT,
or you have forgotten the user name and password (hey it happens)

>if it will still not let you in, then return to your FamilySearch account under SETTINGS>CONNECTED ACCOUNTS>and REVOKE the Ancestry access. Then proceed to this address: https://familysearch.org/partneraccess
Note: you may need to wait a few minutes before proceeding with this step as it seems the program needs a few minutes to reset itself

IF NO:
> Go to : https://familysearch.org/partneraccess >choose account to connect (ANCESTRY) > if you have EVER had even a free 14 day acct with Ancestry choose the CLEAR button (the RED button is if you are doing this for the first time EVER) > fill out information >accept the name of your new tree> Ancestry will now pull over the first FOUR generations of your FamilySearch Tree.
(when you get to the last person in the tree you can pull over another 4 generations)

ALWAYS WRITE DOWN YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND KEEP THAT INFO SOMEPLACE SAFE> ie: WALLET, WITH TEMPLE CARD, PURSE, SCRIPTURES, THE SAFE (lol)

IF IT WILL STILL NOT WORK:
1. CALL ANCESTRY : 1-800-262-37879 (yes i know it has an extra number)
2. Call FamilySearch: 1-866-406-1830 (you will need your USER NAME and HELPER # (LAST 5 # OF MRN or on Temple Recommend ( Helper # also found under SETTINGS in FamilySearch in ACCOUNTS)
kassienielsen

Post by kassienielsen »

Ok I went to the partnering website to create a free ancestory account and then next it takes me to where i choose english and united states and it wont let me click continue? or change languages? its VERY frustrating as id love to do more geneology! ive gone out gone back in waited weeks and even over a month to try again but itALWAYS does the same thing?! HELP!

Return to “Family History”