MLS and LCR (and LDS Tools ) out of sync

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cdraney@gmail.com

MLS and LCR (and LDS Tools ) out of sync

Post by cdraney@gmail.com »

I am the bishop. My son's Aaronic priesthood adviser told me that my 14-year-old son's ordination information is out of date, so today I checked in MLS at the clerk's office. His ordination to "teacher" IS recorded there with the proper date and has been for awhile I assume (since I did not need to update it today). There have been many "send/receive" actions over the last week or so (and beyond, I'm sure) with all kinds of reports coming to me about updates to other member records etc. Yet today the LCR version of my son's record still does not show his teacher ordination. Neither does LDS Tools.

Is there a step I'm missing? (and something I should remind/train our ward clerks to do?)
eblood66

Re: MLS and LCR (and LDS Tools ) out of sync

Post by eblood66 »

It sounds like the ordination didn't get sent to CHQ for some reason. That's not common but there are a couple things you (or rather your clerk) can try. The first is to go to the ordination in MLS and edit it in some way. Probably change the date to something else. Then do a send/receive. Then change it back and do another send/receive. Hopefully that will trigger the necessary code in MLS to send whole ordination.

If that doesn't work then they should do a unit data refresh. This should bring MLS into sync with CHQ. The ordination will probably disappear during this process (since it doesn't show up in LCR). The clerk can then re-enter the ordination and do a send/receive and it should be transmitted.
cdraney@gmail.com

Re: MLS and LCR (and LDS Tools ) out of sync

Post by cdraney@gmail.com »

Thank you. We'll give those a try.

Return to “Membership Help”