Bug: Out-of-unit member appears in LDS Tools

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

Bug: Out-of-unit member appears in LDS Tools

Post by mevans »

We created an out-of-unit record for an adult in our ward. While he doesn't appear in the online directory, I just noticed that he does appear in LDS Tools, including in reports in LDS Tools. He appears with the address where his records really are and his wife's name also shows (even though we did not create an out-of-unit membership record for her).

We've also created out-of-unit records for some children, but I did not see them appear in LDS Tools.

I'm going to submit feedback about this, but thought others should be aware.
kellymab

Re: Bug: Out-of-unit member appears in LDS Tools

Post by kellymab »

This is not a bug and there is nothing to worry about. The online directory and LDS tools pull the information from different sources. I can't remember the specifics. This is how all the bishopric members appear in my YSA ward. Until they pull from the same source, this is how it appears.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The LDS.org Directory is behind the times and doesn't support out-of-unit members as well as the other tools do (LDS Tools app and Leader and Clerk Resources).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

LDS Tools doesn't really support it. I think it's an accident that the names appear, rather than intentional. This brother is temporarily here in California. I've entered his temporary address within our ward in LCR and it shows in LCR. When you go to LDS Tools, you don't see his local address. You see his address in another state.

But I don't know...maybe it's more recent that they changed the data feed for LDS Tools and got something to appear, even though it's not correct? After I noticed this and reported it here, I got a thank you email from the High Priests leadership for making him appear on the ward directory. I didn't do anything, but maybe someone made a change in a data feed recently. I don't use LDS Tools to look at the membership that often, so I thought it had been there all along.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Does he have a calling?
mevans

Post by mevans »

jonesrk wrote:Does he have a calling?
Yes. Maybe that's what made the difference in the LDS Tools feed? We called him as a HP HT district supervisor. I don't think he can get into the app (which is a different thread where we understand that's intentional). Would a calling put him in the LDS Tools data feed?

Another "buggy" aspect of the LDS Tools data for him: He shows up on the new move-in report. I presume that in his real ward he moved in in January, as that's when I see him on the report. I would think if an out-of-unit record appears on a new move-in report, that it would be as of the date that the out-of-unit record was created.

jonesrk: if you're investigating the calling doing this, I submitted feedback to the LCR team with his MRN. I gather those folks don't sit too far away from you. Private messages are broken, so I can't send it to you that way.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mevans wrote:
jonesrk wrote:Does he have a calling?
Yes. Maybe that's what made the difference in the LDS Tools feed? We called him as a HP HT district supervisor. I don't think he can get into the app (which is a different thread where we understand that's intentional). Would a calling put him in the LDS Tools data feed?
The calling will put him in the LDS Tools data feed.
mevans wrote: Another "buggy" aspect of the LDS Tools data for him: He shows up on the new move-in report. I presume that in his real ward he moved in in January, as that's when I see him on the report. I would think if an out-of-unit record appears on a new move-in report, that it would be as of the date that the out-of-unit record was created.
That does sound like a bug, because he did move into his current ward in January. Double check the move in report in LCR and see if he is on that as well. I believe that is where LDS Tools gets its move in report.
mevans wrote: jonesrk: if you're investigating the calling doing this, I submitted feedback to the LCR team with his MRN. I gather those folks don't sit too far away from you. Private messages are broken, so I can't send it to you that way.
With the info you gave I was able to find him. He is the only HP HT district supervisor that isn't in the HP leadership.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jonesrk wrote:
mevans wrote: Another "buggy" aspect of the LDS Tools data for him: He shows up on the new move-in report. I presume that in his real ward he moved in in January, as that's when I see him on the report. I would think if an out-of-unit record appears on a new move-in report, that it would be as of the date that the out-of-unit record was created.
That does sound like a bug, because he did move into his current ward in January. Double check the move in report in LCR and see if he is on that as well. I believe that is where LDS Tools gets its move in report.
He's not on the move-in report in LCR; just in LDS Tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Private messages are broken, so I can't send it to you that way.
It should have been fixed late last week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”