Moved In Records

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
rsteed

Moved In Records

Post by rsteed »

I am a new Ward Clerk. I'm interested in hearing what some of you do with records that are moved into the ward, before they are given to the Bishop and Ward Council. Does anyone do any records verification? Making a phone call or visit to verify the member is actually there?
margolies

Re: Moved In Records

Post by margolies »

We let our auxiliary leaders do all that. From our point of view clerks record and enter data. Elders, HP's, RS, etc do the membership research, track down move ins and outs, and gather updated information. The clerks enter that information for Church records.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This reminds me of discussions I have had with ward clerks during annual membership audits. The clerk had granted "View Membership" and "Edit Membership" privileges in MLS to his EQ, HP, and RS leaders, so they could login to MLS and update membership records with information they had collected. I argued that they should only be granted "Organization" privileges in MLS because their callings do not grant them permission to view or edit membership records.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

In my Ward I've removed (with the Bishops approval) all access to the Auxiliaries in MLS, as they now can get most of the information on line, to do their callings. Any additional information, if needed, can be obtained through me. This means they can do more of their work at home, without tying up the Clerk computer on a Sunday!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”